Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

food tastings worth it?

I got invited to complimentary food tastings at various venues and was wondering if it would be worth our time to go or not.  The venue that I am seriously considering, I plan to go.  But there is another venue that is a little out of price range but I'm wondering if we should go or not.  Do the food tastings offer enough to fill you up as a meal (since it's around dinner time that they are offering it) or is it just a little bit and then you are hungry and need to go eat after sitting there for 2 hours? 

Re: food tastings worth it?

• Options
    Ours was enough for a meal and we got sent home with leftovers. I did find it helpful and worth it, even though our venue is a 3 hour drive each way. I can now say I know the food is good, i had a better idea what substitutions i wanted to make, and it helped clarify the menu (the way we read the menu, we thought there were going to be grilled mushrooms and bell peppers as side dishes, but they were actually in the pasta, for example). We also got to see the venue again after doing a lot more planning, which helped with overall planning for us.
  • Options
    Go to any food tastings offered at venues you are considering.  They are always worthwhile.  Ours was enough for dinner.  It actually operated like a wedding- there were apps and then dinner afterwards. 
  • Options
    Shoot. I'd go to any free tastings ever in life. ESPECIALLY the ones that I can't afford. ;)
  • Options
    Free food is the best food.

My food tasting is this Sunday and I'm really looking forward to it. I've eaten at our venue a number of times so we know the food is generally incredible, but this allows us to be sure we love our choices. Mine isn't an open thing, so we have to pay for it, but it's worth it to me to have the peace of mind. 

DO NOT get your hopes up about a venue you can't afford though! Take advantage of the free food and call it a night. :)

• Options
    lol.  thanks for the advice! :)
  • Options
    I would only go to the tastings for venues you are interested in booking.  I would not go to a tasting for a venue that is over-budget.  If you cannot afford that venue you will probably not have your wedding there, thus wasting your time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards