Wedding Invitations & Paper

Rehearsal/Dinner invites

tcnobletcnoble member
First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
We are stuck here. I know RD invites are not necessary but since we have so many OOT guests in our bridal party we would like to make sure they can plan accordingly.I found some invites on Zazzle that include both rehearsal and dinner. First major obstacle passed. Yay.

We are providing transportation from our venue to the RD and want to indicate that on the invite. My FFIL also has planned an evening after the dinner (we live in Vegas - he wants to rent a party bus and take everyone down the strip and stop at a few places). While I appreciate this gesture, I have insisted we provide an RSVP for Dinner and the Post-Dinner activities, so that people are not essentially "stuck" with us because they elected to use our transportation to dinner... and because quite frankly some people just may not be interested and I don't want them to feel obligated.

What would be the best way to word this invitation?? I tried this but don't think I like the way it sounds..

Transportation will be provided from XXX to XX. Following dinner, we will make our way down to the Las Vegas Strip for some pre-wedding fun! When RSVP-ing please indicate if you will utilize the transportation and if you will be joining us for the post-dinner activities. 

Also his parents are hosting but does his father HAVE to receive the RSVPs? Is it considered a faux pas to have myself listed as the RSVP contact? I'm very Type A and organized so I wouldn't mind taking on another set of RSVPs but not sure if this is "allowed".

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards