Snarky Brides

"They just want to see an American wedding..."

My family is friends with a wonderful family who moved here from Nigeria over 20 years ago and we were neighbors for many years until we went our separate ways. We are inviting the parents of the family (their children are grown and not close to FI and I) and when my mom was chatting with the wife this morning about random things the friend mentioned that her parents will be visiting from Nigeria during the month of our wedding and asked if she could bring them since "they would love to see an American wedding".   My dear sweet mother said yes to their request (my parents are paying for the wedding), so we will add them too the guest list, but we had a good laugh about it after she got off of the phone.  She knew that she could technically say no, but we have the room for them and it won't cost us too much more for 2 additional guests so she decided to extend the invitation.  

I just think was hysterical that we had our first add-ons before the invitations go out tomorrow and I thought you ladies would get a kick out of their reasoning. Thankfully our friends don't know anyone else coming so no one will know that we let this one slide.  I did take the opportunity to coach my mother for any future add-ons though!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: "They just want to see an American wedding..."

• Awww, I think that's kind of sweet.  I'm glad that you have the extra room for them and you're taking this in stride
  • Perfect! Give them an awesome example of a gracious bride and proper hosting and may the story circle the globe! :)

• If you can afford to be gracious, why not?
  • Lol, I had a similar experience... The parents of one of FI's groomsman just came to Canada to visit for six months from Iran and FI was visiting said gm in another province when I got a text from him asking if we could add the gm's parents because they'd love to see and experience a Canadian wedding. I, of course, said yes because we had room to do so but I thought it was funny. :P

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards