Wedding Invitations & Paper

bridal party...

my FI and I are debating on whether or not the bridal party gets invitations. His side is no, because they already know they are invited, but I say yes, because I am still constantly reminding everyone dates and times, AND they have a plus one. Thoughts? The debate is based around budget; we will be okay in budget to include BP invites, but it could be close to having to buy another set of invites or not.

Re: bridal party...

• Yes, they should get invitations just like all other guests.  So should your immediate family members.
  • Please include invitations for the Bridal Party!!  I was in a wedding this past weekend, and it was so nice to have a hard copy of the invitation.  This way I didn't have to read through 20,000 group texts or bother the bride about things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes. They're members of your BP, and a part of the wedding, BUT their also guests. Of course they get invites, it would be rude otherwise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    In addition to everything PP's have said, don't you want/need their RSVP cards for meal counts?
  • yes they get an invite.

On a completely selfish side, my DH is horrible about relaying details on such things. So the SO,  I prefer the invite so  I KNOW what's going on.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Of course they should receive invitations.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• lyndausvi said:
    yes they get an invite.

On a completely selfish side, my DH is horrible about relaying details on such things. So the SO,  I prefer the invite so  I KNOW what's going on.
    So much this! If I had to rely on FI to give me information about events that we are invited by his social circle we would never go to anything. He gets invitations, tickets, etc. and just gives them to me so I can put it on our calendar and make sure we get there on time. He's horrible with that kind of stuff.
  • Thanks ladies-- I agree with all of you; they should. But more than once, one of the GM has said, "dont send me one, i dont need one".. so I thought I would get an outside opinion!
  • Thanks ladies-- I agree with all of you; they should. But more than once, one of the GM has said, "dont send me one, i dont need one".. so I thought I would get an outside opinion!
    Well, he doesn't make the rules. :) Everyone who is invited gets an invitation!

• One of my friends has a family member getting married soon. I got my invitation in the mail, and she did not. She was annoyed that they are assuming all the family members will just know to be there without an invitation.

Besides that, it's nice to have your own invitation with the location and other information listed. We mailed our invitations yesterday and mailed them to everyone, including parents. 
  • edited May 2014
    Absolutely they should receive invitations. As Artemischief said, they are guests too (in addition to being in the WP).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards