Not Engaged Yet

I need wine..stat...

So this week has been rather blah I've been over it since Monday morning really.  I want Friday at 5:01 to get here.  The weather has been cold and rainy and today it took me over an hour to get into work this morning when my normal commute is 35-40 minutes.  There was flooding.  I could use wine and a bubbble bath. I did get a call yesterday that my wedding band already came in.  Yay not sure when we will pick it up but I'm excited it's here.  I also made a really awesome vegan mac and cheese recipe.

How is your day going? How has your week been?

Anniversary

Re: I need wine..stat...

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My week has been pretty crappy. Monday night, for no reason at all, I could. Not. Sleep. I fell asleep around 7:30 on the couch watching Netflix, only to be woken up by J on his way to work. When my alarm went off at 9, I was so groggy that I couldn't have gotten off the couch if the apartment had been on fire. When I finally woke up for reals, sleep deprivation (coupled with my infusion last week) = coming down with a bad cold. Said cold kept me exhausted and in bed till this morning. I mean, beats having my chronic illness flare, but still.

Our apartment is (hopefully) currently being treated for stupid roaches. I'm exhausted, and so is J, so we're not looking forward to putting everything back tonight and tomorrow. We're also anxious because the guidelines we got from our management company for roach extermination prep are much less comprehensive than online instructions from various extermination companies. Like, the written instructions we got said nothing about covering everything with sheets, or emptying out closets. So we didn't do those things (mainly because our apartment is tiny and we don't have enough space--or sheets--to actually adequately remove and cover everything).

I'm probably working this weekend, so I'm not terribly excited for the weekend. Right now, I'm mostly just relieved that I don't have to cook tonight--we're ordering out because most of our food is at my future in-law's house (I checked EVERYTHING for roaches before bringing it over; most of it is stuff that just won't necessarily be safe to use/eat after extermination because it doesn't seal well enough).
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I could totally relate to the title of this thread...sign me up for a bottle!

Weather has been rainy/crappy all week - it's pretty much still nighttime out and it's 10 in the morning. 

I'm annoyed by many things at work this week...annoying people, annoying manager, etc.  I'm sitting on a conference call that has about 95% nothing to do with my job duties, so I just sit here zoning out and doing other things.  Total waste of my time.  Luckily the one cubicle neighbor that's here today is on the same page with me, so we are bitching together in harmony.

I have to take my car for service tomorrow...only had it a year and there's some noise in the front wheel area.  Just annoying to have to not have a car all day and then worry about what is possibly wrong.  Thank goodness for warranties.  The roads here are horrible with potholes, then they fill them in and it just creates bumps to go over.  No wonder my car has problems!

• I'm joining everyone in a case of wine.

Sleep = not happening = leave your name, number, and a message comprised of short words ...

I have to clean and pack, clean and pack, sort and clean and pack. Much work. Very much work. Don't want to do. Must do.

I have to do reactor runs. Not awake enough. Coffee could not save this. Write today. Yes. Write. Have something for afternoon meeting.
  • @peaseblossom55, sorry you had a yucky morning. But I'm excited about your wedding band, and some mac 'n cheese sounds WONDERFUL right now!

Y'all can keep your wine, but I could certainly go for some little drinks with umbrellas right now. It's just been a yucky week. School, work, and general feeling down about some stuff is really starting to get to me. I feel a LOT better now that my last paper for the semester is done, but I am starting to feel very burnt out. Two more weeks, and then I'll have a chance to have some fun.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    My week is going slowly. I have to power through 1 more hour and then I'm done work until May 12th! 

The rain is awful. Our basement flooded last night. Luckily, H moved everything so there was no damage to our personal belongings but still, it sucks. 

• phiraphira member
    Swazzle said:
    My week is going slowly. I have to power through 1 more hour and then I'm done work until May 12th! 

The rain is awful. Our basement flooded last night. Luckily, H moved everything so there was no damage to our personal belongings but still, it sucks. 
    Basement flooding is the worst!! The house I grew up in had it happen a few times over about 15 years that we lived there. I remember frantically moving books and placing wooden blocks under furniture. The cleaning crew that we hired one time used chemicals that smelled like really bad cherry candy, and the stench lasted for a month.
    Anniversary
  • I'm sorry not every is having a great week! Hopefully next week is better for all of us.

@Swazzle have a great time on vacation, take lots of pictures!

Anniversary

• @Swazzle- I'm sorry about the flooding! That is a really sucky situation. There was a bunch of flooding here in Georgia in the past week from all the rain. We live on a hill so luckily the water ran off.

This week has been good so far. We are puppy sitting tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday so I'm excited to have a little puppy baby to cuddle with the next few days. We should probably start packing here soon for our move. It's difficult to be motivated to pack during the week since we are so exhausted after work and the gym. Maybe I'll be able to get the office closet at least done tonight since that's were we keep all the stuff we don't use.
  • Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    This week has been pretty crappy for me in the mood department. I cannot wait for this weekend. Q had to stay on-site at Disney last night since they started so early this morning, so I was home alone with the girls who used that opportunity to sleep with me. Except they put me in the middle and then both sleep on top of me. Worst. Sleep. Evar. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• phiraphira member
    Quick wedding related question for y'all--

Would you be confused if a couple used Van Morrison's "Brown-Eyed Girl" for their recessional if neither of them happened to be a brown-eyed girl?
    Anniversary
  • Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    phira said:
    Quick wedding related question for y'all--

Would you be confused if a couple used Van Morrison's "Brown-Eyed Girl" for their recessional if neither of them happened to be a brown-eyed girl?
    @phira - Umm possibly. But if it has meaning to the couple, then what does it matter? Every time that song comes on the Pandora station BF and I listen to, he sings "You are, my blue-eyed girl". 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Phira- I think that would be ok...I wouldn't think anything of it really. I love that song!
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    @Phira My family and I have a strong connection to that song, so it would not be weird at all for us. Actually every female on my mother's side would most likely shed tears thinking of my Nana. 

I could use many forms of alcohol today, not just wine. I'm so fed up with this whole house buying process. Everyone else involved are giving me the feeling that they don't give a shit about when it's complete and are all being lackadaisical about the whole thing. I want to get into the house and I want to do that NOW. I am sick of living out of boxes until they get their shit together and let us close. We were originally supposed to close yesterday but I was told on vacation that it was going to be pushed back, and we still don't have a date. They are shooting for next Wednesday but they still can't tell me if that is going to happen for sure or not. UGH!!

/End rant.  
    friends tv show funy
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my misery!!  This week has been super junk.

Last night on my way to my birthday dinner my car broke down on the side of the freeway during rush hour.. super great.  So I had to get towed to my bf's work (he's a mechanic) and I won't have a car for a few days....

I REALLY wanted a bottle of wine last night but because my car was broke down and I had to take bf's, I had to go back to pick him up from work at midnight, and wine was not a good beverage to consume for that.
  • @phira not weird at all!

This day just keeps getting better... it need to be 5pm asap!!!

Anniversary

• PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014

Here's to hoping all of our weeks finish soon!!!!

• phiraphira member
    Thanks, ladies! We both LOVE Brown-Eyed Girl, and we both grew up with it. It's the right kind of joyous music for us to walk back down the aisle to, and it means so much to both of us, as well as a number of our guests. We're just a little like ... hopefully no one will think it's weird!
    Anniversary
  • @phira I'm terrified of roaches lol.  I just home defense maxed my apartment because I keep getting bit by shit in my sleep.  Which is lame because H is NOT GETTING BIT.  I get it, I taste delicious, but you should stop biting me!

@peaseblossom55 I barely even drink wine, but I'll get on board.

My day is going eh - it seems like everything I do is taking 9000 times longer than it should.  For instance, I'm trying to schedule meetings to get pre-approved for a home loan and...basically no one can find it in their hearts to call me back.  It's really annoying.  Customer service is kinda a big deal, guys.  I admit that the one guy I've only been waiting like 15 min for lol.  The other guy is pushing 3 hours...ugh

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • phiraphira member
    @Blue That's HORRIBLE!! Is there something you can eat that will make you less delicious? Oh god that's terrifying.
    Anniversary
  • @phira lol, I have no freakin idea.  I've always been a tasty one, but it's just lame.  I didn't get bit last night and I sprayed the house and am washing the sheets (we already changed them once) tonight so it should get better soon hopefully.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • phiraphira member
    @blue Hopefully! I used to volunteer at an animal hospital and ended up with fleas. They were easy to get rid of, but we had to be pretty drastic about it. My mom and I left to look at colleges, and so while we were gone, my dad sprayed my entire room with anti-flea stuff. After I got out of the car, my mom sprayed the car, and as soon as we walked into the hotel, I took a shower with anti-flea shampoo and we shoved my clothes into a plastic bag, sprayed them, and sealed the bag up tight. No more fleas after that. Thank goodness--what an embarrassing and annoying problem.
    Anniversary
  • @phira oh man, I don't think I could survive fleas.  The bites just look and act like mosquito bites, which is kinda lame but I figure I'll just kill any bugs that might be in our house.  It might be because we were gone for a bit as well.  We will see.
  • @Blue drink wine, beer, vodka, soda, whatever floats your boat!

Anniversary

• Can non-regs play?

This is the week from hell. I can't believe it's only Thursday. I have had to be in early/stay late every.single.day. this week, and tomorrow, too. I'm frustrated and tired and cranky and I just want it to be the weekend.

A friend of mine is visiting the States from Scotland, where he and his (obnoxious, crazypants, annoying, unpleasant) wife live. He is begging me to come visit him at his parents' house in Jersey. I haven't seen him in almost six years; in college, we were inseparable, so I do want to see him.

But I do not want to drive 8 hours, round-trip, to Jersey, to spend a few hours at a BBQ with him and his wife, whom I absolutely cannot stand. So now, apparently, I'm a bad friend, because I won't do that.

DH told me he was up for the trip, which is incredibly generous of him, because I have road anxiety and don't like to drive in heavy traffic, so he would be doing all the driving.

We're not going, but I don't appreciate the guilt trip.

I'm trying to psych myself up into going for a run after work. Not sure it's going to happen. 

Meanwhile, tonight, I will be having allllllllll the wine.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards