Wedding Reception Forum
Options

How do you decorate tables when you have a buffet?

How do you decorate tables when you have a buffet? I have lanterns and flowers as centerpieces, but I am not doing table numbers. How do you make it look "not so empty"?

Re: How do you decorate tables when you have a buffet?

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    I suggest assigning tables at the very least (you do not need to assign specific seats) so that people can sit with who they came with and people won't be moving chairs around, etc.  You could do chargers or have a napkin hold a menu or something at each place setting.  If you are having favours, you can put one at each place setting, too. 
    we had food stations photo 1015332-1
    imageimage
  • Options
    I don't understand why there would be a difference between decorating for buffet and plated dinners. The tables start out exactly the same, and will always look somewhat empty at first. This is ok.

I know this wasn't the question, but why no table numbers? You'll find the vast majority of people much prefer an assigned table to sit at rather than the "no seating plan" signs.

• Options
    You decorate the tables like you would for any other weddings. There's usually no difference in the look of the table pre-food for plated and buffet.

Have napkins and flatware set before hand. You can also see if the salad can be pre-set or get chargers if you really want them (though that can cost you a couple hundred).
  • Options
    We are having a very small wedding with limited seating in my parents' backyard. Half of it will be at tables and then we have a lot of beautiful natural seating like benches and tables and wooden chairs. It's also just a cocktail reception with a light buffet if this helps. 
  • Options
    Lanterns and flowers sound sufficient to me. Table cloths too? You could do a table cloth with an overlay or a runner and that would get you a more decorated look.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How do you decorate tables when you have a buffet?  The same way that you decorate tables when you have a plated dinner.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    We are having a very small wedding with limited seating in my parents' backyard. Half of it will be at tables and then we have a lot of beautiful natural seating like benches and tables and wooden chairs. It's also just a cocktail reception with a light buffet if this helps. 
    What does limited seating mean?

You must have a seat at a table for each person.  It's really rude to expect people to eat on a bench or chair with no table to put their plate on-- and even ruder not to have enough seats for every butt.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Take a look at the vases and candle holders/tea light holders on Dollartree.com. They have some really great pieces that fill the table nicely.  Also, I bought a couple of dozen of their framed mirrors and put the candles and centerpiece flowers on the mirrors.  The reflection made a big difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards