May 2014 Weddings
Options

ordered my cake today

I am doing the top tier cake and the bottom two cupcakes. I really wanted a real wedding cake, but the savings by going with cupcakes was just to big. I had to do it. This way at least I still get the top cake and can pick how i want it done. What kind of cake does everyone have? Flavors?

Re: ordered my cake today

• Options
    Red velvet, carrot, and marble.  All with cream cheese frosting and filling. Fondont outer layer
  • Options
    Ours is a 3 tier square cake with pink, yellow, and orange polka dots.

Our cake lady talked us into 6 flavors! :/

Raspberry Lemonade, Confetti, Red Velvet, Amaretto.... all with cream cheese filling.
    Chocolate Cherry, and Café Mocha... with chocolate fudge filling.

I'm pretty excited :)
  • Options
    windiewindie member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    We aren't doing cake but a variety of cookies! I much prefer cookies to cake and this way our caterer can provide them (manager happens to be FI's sister so we are getting a steller deal). We'll have big cookies for the adults and mini ones for the kids buffet.

We aren't doing most of the traditional reception stuff so not having a cake works for us!
  • Options
    Apple Cinnamon, Tiramisu and Black Forest Cake!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Our two tier cake is strawberry with strawberry filling. Were also doing cupcakes that are a sour cream cake with blueberry filling and chocolate with chocolate ganach filling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @kellibastian your cake sounds like a party in my mouth!
  • Options
    I too am doing a small 6" cake for FI and I to cut in (which I think is strawberry shortcake flavored) and then 4 flavors of cupcakes.  Although, I wanted cupcakes for the wedding.  I think our flavors are strawberry shortcake, lemon blueberry, and then the other two I honestly can't remember.  I just know they will be yummie
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We are doing a three tier cake. The top layer we save and the bottom layer will be chocolate cake w/ chocolate mousse filling. The middle tier will be yellow cake w/ banana cream filling. These are mine and FI's favorite cake flavors. We got enough cake that everyone can have a slice of each flavor and there will still be some leftover. 

@kellibastien - Just curious, if you have a 3 tier cake how are you doing 6 flavors? I've never seen that before.
  • Options
    We are doing a three tier cake. The top layer we save and the bottom layer will be chocolate cake w/ chocolate mousse filling. The middle tier will be yellow cake w/ banana cream filling. These are mine and FI's favorite cake flavors. We got enough cake that everyone can have a slice of each flavor and there will still be some leftover. 

@kellibastien - Just curious, if you have a 3 tier cake how are you doing 6 flavors? I've never seen that before.

each level of the cake is a different flavor. My baker told me about that as an option too
  • Options

each level of the cake is a different flavor. My baker told me about that as an option too
    So you would have two different flavors in each tier of the cake? I'm so confused by this.
  • Options
    Thats what sounds like to me tammym1001. 
  • Options
    square white cake with pink accents.  I think its going to be 4 tiers (I guess they base it off the amount of guests?)  We picked white cake with canolli filling!!! Its soooo yummy!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

So you would have two different flavors in each tier of the cake? I'm so confused by this.

yes, like the top would be chocolate, a layer of filling and the bottom vanilla for example

• Options
    @priceisright07 - Thanks for clearing that up for me. I don't know why I couldn't figure that out. My brain must already be on weekend mode. LOL
  • Options
    ddvirtsddvirts member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    We are having a 3 tier cake, white with pearl dots, light green swirls and lavender flowers. My fiance really liked the cheesecake and strawberries cake so we went with that. I would prefer the canoli one, but he made so few decisions in this planning process that I decided to let him have this lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards