Chit Chat

Should I say something to my friend?

I used to live out west, I met FI after moving back home on the East coast. I have a handful of good friends out there that I keep in touch with and visit annually. FI has never been or met any of them but next week we are flying out together for a vacation- we're going to a different area and then to that city only for 2 days. I'm really excited for him to meet one couple in particular because I'm really close to her and they are flying East for our wedding (keeping it small so I didn't really invite others from out there). So she had offered to host a BBQ at her house next Saturday so our 5-10 mutual friends can come hang out, swim in her pool and I can see everyone without being like stuffed into a restaurant table. I offered to buy all the food and was really excited about it.

Last night, her friends that I don't know were all tagging her on facebook as going to a Beer Festival that entire day and she did indeed comment on it "Can't wait, it will be better than last year!" Sooooo she apparently forgot that's the day I'm coming. I'm kinda pissed but I don't exactly know how to bring it up to her.  We're only in her city Friday night- Sunday morning and it's the only chance for them and FI to meet before the wedding, not to mention I just love her and want to spend time with her (otherwise I would have skipped even going to that city). But I don't want to force them to begrudgingly stay home and host us if they'd rather be at the festival? (FI and I do not drink so us going to the festival is not an option, just not our cup of tea at all). What do I do?

Re: Should I say something to my friend?

• Is it possible that she plans to attend the beer festival in the morning with them and then come back to see you in the afternoon?

There's a local beer festival in our town, and it runs from like 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. DH and I usually go, but we hit it from about noon to 2 or 3, not the whole day. Since it's a come-and-go event, that works.

You could just send her a text or a FB message or a phone call or however you usually communicate with her and say, 'Hey, so excited to see you next week! I can't believe it's been X time since I saw you last. Super stoked you're going to get to meet FI, too!' That puts the ball in her court to say, 'Yeah, it'll be awesome!' or 'Oh, btw, I forgot...'
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I would play dumb and pretend I just never saw the Facebook post.  Text her and say, "I'm so excited for Saturday!  I'm planning what food to buy... can you confirm how many people will be there?"  Then the ball is in her court.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

MairePoppygrumbledore
  • I agree with what the PP's have said. And to echo HisGirl, they might have been planning on only going for a little bit. Just reverberate how excited you are to see her, and then leave it at that! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• HisGirlFriday13. And yea, people usually don't go to beer festivals for the entire day, so she might be planning on going for a couple of hours, earlier in the day.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Totally agree with previous posters. Pretend you didn't see the post, and get in touch with her letting her know how psyched you are to see her.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Ok good plan everyone!!!

The picture of the ticket stub said noon-6pm which was the time we had plannd for the BBQ. I wouldn't mind if she wanted to start it more like 4pm but hopefully they aren't drunk by then. Her and her husband aren't one beer people, they like to drink. Guess I'll just ask "Coutney wants to know what time to come over?" and she what she says!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards