Wisconsin

Appleton vendors

Hey ladies I could really use some help and your recommendations!

I am having my wedding in Appleton at Riverview Country Club, but I live in Eau Claire (I was raised in Appleton and my whole family still lives there)
Since I will have to make the trip across the state to meet with vendors I want to make sure that I don't waste my time with bad ones.
I am looking for suggestions on baker, florist, transportation and dj.

A couple of the vendors we have been looking at are
Baker:
Artistic Cakes and Cookies
Simple Simon Bakery

DJ:
Fun Factory
Music in Motion

Florist:
Ambiance Floral
Sterling Gardens

Do you have any comments about any of the vendors?  Do you have any vendors that you really liked from other weddings?

Thanks in advance!
My Planning Bio
Wedding Countdown Ticker
212 image Invited
94 image Wouldn't miss it!
75 image Are party-poopers
43 image Are confused about how rsvps work
RSVPS are due June 11th!

Re: Appleton vendors

• edited December 2011
    I've lived in Appleton most of my life.  I am going with Simple Simon for my cake, I'm doing cupcakes and a cake.  They are super reasonable.  Artistic cakes and cookies are I believe $4.00 a slice, while Simple Simon is around $1.75, cupcakes with them and they're only $0.75 a piece.
  • edited December 2011
    Tamara's Cakes

cakeguru.com

Don't forget custom picture framing for your wedding photo!

• edited December 2011
    DJ's-I'm not really familiar with the two DJ's you listed but I was recently at a wedding who had PK Productions as their DJ.  The DJ was super fun and kept everyone dancing throughout the night.  My friend said the guy was great to work with and was reasonable, he was super willing to work with them.  (He also has an amazing tag line "general sock rocking!" haha)  If you want a DJ that will keep people active I'd contact him, he's absolutely amazing!

http://pkproductions-djservice.com/
  • meidlimsmeidlims member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Finally!  I love this site and all but they have no venues or wedding reception places that are not Madison/Milwaukee area.  I live in Eau Claire also and am trying to decide where to get married.  My fiance is from Appleton and I am from Minnesota so we are still deciding on a date and place.  If you have any recommendations, I sure could use the help!
  • pengee1pengee1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello -

I was born and raised for the most part in Appleton, and am getting married in the Appleton area.  Next weekend actually!  Since I'm in the final stretch here, please let me know if you have any questions!  Unfortunately I can't comment much on the vendors you listed as I went with different. 

I went with Katee Kakes for our cupcakes (not doing a cake).  I've known her personally for quite some time, but I chose her because I like her work.  You can find her at kateekakes.com. 

Our DJ is Til AM Entertainment.  Again, another close friend of ours, but does a great job. 

We went with Branching Out in Appleton for all of our flowers and decorations.  A bit more expensive, but definitely well worth it if you ask me.  They have been great to work with! 

And finally for transportation, we went with Lamers.  We found the price for their "bus" to be very reasonable compared to what others charge for their stretch Hummers and such that are very cramped. 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    meidlims :

I looked at your ideas for your wedding (in your bio) and saw that you are also having black dresses for your bridesmaids.  We just seem to have a lot in common, black dresses, live in Eau Claire, and wedding in Appleton.  Our weddings aren't that far apart date wise either :)  Makes me happy that it seems other brides are in the same boat as me - exactly! 
    Where is your venue?
    My Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    212 image Invited
    RSVPS are due June 11th!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for all the advice.  I really appreciate it!  I need all the referals that I can get because I can't meet all these vendors myself!
    My Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    212 image Invited
    RSVPS are due June 11th!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards