Chit Chat
Options

This engagement ring is a real c-k block!

Thought this was pretty hilarious.....I watched a Paul Rudd movie on tv yesterday (he is so cute). Then in my dream last night I was hanging out with him and he leaned in to kiss me, saw the ring, and pulled back exclaiming "Oh no- you're engaged?!" Hahahaha wtf thanks subconscious

Re: This engagement ring is a real c-k block!

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    Thought this was pretty hilarious.....I watched a Paul Rudd movie on tv yesterday (he is so cute). Then in my dream last night I was hanging out with him and he leaned in to kiss me, saw the ring, and pulled back exclaiming "Oh no- you're engaged?!" Hahahaha wtf thanks subconscious
    It totally is...I get hit on far less than I did before
    It makes me sad... :(
  • Options
    emmyg65 said:
    I actually still do get hit on (I just have a wedding ring). I actually had a guy tell me my ring was so small he didn't notice. Yeah, that's not going to help your cause. Douchenozzle.

Haha nice!!! I don't really go anywhere in real life that I could get hit on. Like FI and I grocery shop together, and hit up the mall together and I don't go to bars/ clubs. Usually people come up to me to compliment my half sleeve.

• Options
    Ha! That is funny. I still get hit on about as much as I did before because my engagement ring is an emerald and I guess the guys think it is just a ring, not an engagement ring.
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I get hit on just as much as before.  The guys around here must not be that observant...
  • Options
    I work retail. I used to get hit on daily. It was actually a running joke with my ex, I'd text him when guys would hit on me and often he's comment back "wow, you've already been open two hours, what took them so long today?!"

I don't think that I've been asked out by a customer in, like, months.
  • Options
    My ring can kill sales for me. If a customer goes "wow, thats big" I'm not closing that sale. :/

Anniversary
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    My ring can kill sales for me. If a customer goes "wow, thats big" I'm not closing that sale. :/
    @chibiyui ..thats so unfortunate :/ 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I never got hit on in the first place, because I don't go out much (I don't drive, and am honestly afraid of driving, so when I go out it's only when someone is nice enough to give me a ride) and because of where I work- all my clients are either married, straight females, much older than me (Almost always a combo of those three) and everyone has their kid with them- nobody is trying to pick up chicks in front of their kids, lol.

Although when I and I do go out (Mainly to Shakedowns at Toad's place, gotta love Grateful Dead cover bands!) FI says he notices guys checking me out a lot, but I've never noticed.  So maybe I'm just really oblivious?  
  • Options
    I haven't been hit on much since we got engaged but I have honestly made it as visible as possible. I never got hit on too much before anyways but I'm so socially awkward that it's just nice not to even deal with it anymore!
  • Options
    I think a lot of people don't care whether you're engaged or not (which is really sad). I got hit on a lot while I was waitressing and even before I was engaged I had a ring on that hand. After I was engaged, I still got hit on the same amount.

But honestly, did they really think I would  "want to get drinks after work?" Uhm, no. I'm engaged. It's Saturday, I've been here since 10 am. I won't get off until 12 am. I smell like a steak/ribs/onions. Oh, and I'm engaged.

FI says he notices people "checking me out" while we're out together but I don't notice. I always tell him that they're probably checking him out.

• Options
    LOL!!!!!  Yep, I get that.  I was giggling to myself because my one BM is seriously involved with a guy (whom I loathe, but that's another thread), and yet when she and I go out for a girls' night, she was always the one who was hit on, if we were out and about.  And now that I have my ring, well yeah, that definitely will ensure that I won't get hit on, haha. 
  • Options
    Yea, the ring doesn't really stop some guys. I had a guy tell me "Just because you're engaged doesn't mean your off the market. Until you're actually married, you're just dating." Technically true but c'mon, really dude? What a jackwagon. 
  • Options
    Yea, the ring doesn't really stop some guys. I had a guy tell me "Just because you're engaged doesn't mean your off the market. Until you're actually married, you're just dating." Technically true but c'mon, really dude? What a jackwagon. 
    And what part of that did he think was going to seduce you?  "Oh, well I wasn't interested in sex with you due to being in a happy committed relationship and all, but belittling my relationship is totally sexy and not offensive at all.  I have seen the light, thank you, mr. Jackwagon."
  • Options
    I get hit on a lot less since I started wearing the E-ring too. It's actually really nice IMHO. I like actually being able to read my book or sip coffee in my own company without some guy saying inappropriate things, throwing cheesy lines at me, or asking for my number.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @HaileyDancingbear - I know! It's like "Well stud, you're right. Just because I haven't signed any paperwork or said any wows, it totally makes sense for me to hop in bed with you, no matter that I am in a happy committed relationship with a man I love. You're explanation totally turned me on and I would love to throw all that away!" Ugh, some guys are idiots. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards