Flowers

Silk Flowers? Opinions, please!

This is my first post here, though I've been a member since I got engaged in December. (I do read here every day though!)

My wedding is in 8 days (May 14) and we're really excited. My FI and I have been fortunate enough to have been gifted with essentially everything we need for our wedding- we were planning on having a large wedding next year but decided a month ago to screw that and let's just have a small ceremony at the JOP and a big celebration with friends and family this summer (it's my 2nd wedding and his 1st... let me rephrase that- "It's the only wedding for both of us for the rest of our lives!" LOL). So basically we had 28 days to throw this thing together. We are 42 (me) and 37 (him) for the record.

Cut to my question- my mother (she's 71) bought us flowers from a site called TheBridesBouquet. They are lovely flowers, but they are silk, albeit high-quality and very well made. My thing is that I don't *like* fake flowers at all. My mother spent a lot of money on these (she had them rush shipped too) and I don't want to be ungrateful because we really appreciate all the help (she bought my shoes, my fascinator, wedding jewelry, his tie to match the flowers, guest favors, a small purse for me, an embroidered hankie (my something "blue") and a sixpence for my shoe). I managed to goose up the bouquet by adding fresh baby's breath to it and poking in some real mini rosebuds and it looks very nice, but what is everyone's opinion on this?

My FI said they were really nice, and look at how much $$ it saved having been given flowers and not having to buy them ourselves, and he is right, but I wonder if other people will see my wedding pics and think, "eww... fake flowers...how tacky!"

Thoughts, other brides to be? There really isn't a nice way I can tell her I don't really like them. She could return them, but I know she spent $49 to have them 2-day shipped to her and I would feel terrible having her lose that money. She didn't ask me before she ordered them, just called me and said, "I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of ordering your flowers..."  Oh mom :)

Suzi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards