Attire & Accessories Forum

Help accessorizing my dress thank u !

Ok so this is my dress and I am extremely confused on how to accessorize it, any ideas??

Re: Help accessorizing my dress thank u !

• That is a gorgeous dress!

I would keep things simple with stud or small drop earrings and a bracelet.  No necklace.

How are you thinking of wearing your hair?  What about a veil?

• Thanks I love my dress!!!! I have very long hair and lots of it! (Almost to my butt)at first I wanted to style it and leave it doing but my dress has such pretty buttons down the back It would be a crime to hide them so I would need to have it up, a nice messy bun I was thinking! I'm no sure about a veil I kindda wanted something extremely long just for the aisle. Not sure:(
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Pictures of brides who wore the dress below.
    Updo, studs, no bracelet, no necklace, veil during ceremony:
    Updo, hairpiece, veil during ceremony:
    Updo, dangly bling earrings, bling bracelet:
    imageimage
  • I fully support a long ass veil!  I love them and think it would look great with your dress.  

I also agree about your hair being up.  I know that many wear their hair down but 1) I never think it looks formal enough when you are wearing such a formal dress and 2)since you have so much of it I would be super afraid that whatever curls you put in will just fall out after an hour or so.

Oh and you could also add a blingy wrap around headband or a pretty hair comb to your hair as well.

• Thank u so much for those pictures I have a better idea of what would look better with my dress! I think I would definitely do the long vail, thanks for the suggestions :)
  • I love the dress! I love the idea of an elbow or fingertip length veil.

You mentioned wanting a long veil for the ceremony. If you're thinking about doing a really long veil, but want to avoid the crappy price, I got mine custom made for 1/3 of what it would have cost at OBridal.com. Its 11 ft long with custom lace appliques. Her plain cathedral length veils start at a great price if you want to look into those. Most of my price was just cost of lace. The tulle isn't all that much :) good luck!

image   image   image

• I love your dress! Are you going with the Sherbert color?

I went with a similar dress (LZ3315) in the sherbert and gold and have a white mantilla cathedral length veil (FMIL's) that I would love to wear but am worried about it looking off with the sherbet color. Has anyone dealt with mismatch veil and dress before? 
  • I love that vail that is what I have in mind something long, I figure that will be the only day I can get away with something like that so I think ill do the longer one!
  • catlady14 said:

I love your dress! Are you going with the Sherbert color?

I went with a similar dress (LZ3315) in the sherbert and gold and have a white mantilla cathedral length veil (FMIL's) that I would love to wear but am worried about it looking off with the sherbet color. Has anyone dealt with mismatch veil and dress before? 
    I don't have much experience, but I've heard the veil should be a lighter color than the dress. Yours sounds like it is white compared to your dress so you should be fine there. I'm not sure what color Sherbert is and if your FMILs veil is white or diamond white or egg shell haha seriously.. But you could also read up on dyeing veils.

image   image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards