Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bridesmaid Getting Ready Outfits

Hey Ladies!

I'm trying to figure out what to buy for my bridesmaid.  I love the cute pictures of the bridesmaids in matching outfits while we are getting ready.  Does anyone know where I can buy something like that?  I'm thinking I want to get tank tops and either shorts or lounge pants in a solid color.  I'm not looking for personalization either because I'd like my maids to want to wear them again, not just on my big day.

I welcome any and all suggestions!!!  Thanks!

Re: Bridesmaid Getting Ready Outfits

• Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    If you're looking for tank tops and either shorts or lounge pants, might I recommend Target? Are you sure taking a bunch of pictures in matchy matchy outfits is something they'd want to do? And please, don't make those their gifts because you are requiring them to wear them for your getting ready pictures - even if they can wear them again later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Victoria's Secret or Target are probably decent bets. 

Also, make sure whatever tank top you get has a wide neckhole. Otherwise, they might screw up hair and makeup when taking it off. 

Honestly, I'd save your money and spend it on their gifts instead. These pictures might be cute, but you wont care about them too much eventually.
  • Options

No, I wasn't counting that as their gift at all!  It was going to be just something extra.  But, then again, I do agree that the cost might just not be worth it.  I'm really on the fence.  Considering my girls, I'd be better off spending that money on a mimosa bar :-)

• Options
    manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014

jennhughes13 said: No, I wasn't counting that as their gift at all!  It was going to be just something extra.  But, then again, I do agree that the cost might just not be worth it.  I'm really on the fence.  Considering my girls, I'd be better off spending that money on a mimosa bar :-)

Yes this!!!! I've been a bridesmaid a number of times. Mimosas while getting ready always wins.
    Always. Toasting each other with mimosas will offer fantastic photo ops. 

Edited because TK formatting makes no sense. 
  • Options
    If you DO do shirts, I suggest a button up shirt! As PP mentioned, it might ruin their hair trying to take that tank off.

image   image   image

• Options
    I am thinking of getting zip-up hoodies for my girls to wear while we are getting ready and maybe to slip on between pictures if it's chilly.  I thought about having them monogrammed, but i'm not sure anyone would wear that again. 
  • Options
    Mimosa's > getting ready outfits.

Honestly, to me, getting ready outfits are a waste of money.  People like to wear certain things when they are getting their hair and makeup done and everyone's idea of comfortable is different.  Get the mimosa bar and just let your friends where whatever they want the morning of your wedding.

• Options
    I would skip the outfits, they're all adults who can dress themselves to get their hair and make up done.

And YES to mimosa bar! They are absolutely fantastic for pretty much any and every occasion.
  • Options
    Another vote for the mimosa bar, here. I can't stand cutesy matchy outfits though....bring on the mimosa's!!!

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Check out old navy too for options. But if I were a BM I would rather have you spend the money on food & drinks to enjoy while getting ready,
  • Options
    Agree--skip.  No one ever wears a rhinestone "bridesmaid" tank top/whatever item again.  There are always unwanted ones on the rack at Salvation Army and a ton on eBay.  My favorite hideous item I've seen a bridesmaid forced to wear was a terry romper with "bridesmaid" on it in silver studs.  She was 5'2" and it still looked like it was riding up.  She posted pics on Facebook about how much she despised that they had to wear them.
  • Options
    I would choose booze over matching outfits any day and this is coming from someone who once they get home from work puts on their yoga pants.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    Is there a time frame that is appropriate for a mimosa bar? We won't be starting hair/make up until 12:30... is that too late? Hmm..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MagicInk said:
    tcnoble said:
    Is there a time frame that is appropriate for a mimosa bar? We won't be starting hair/make up until 12:30... is that too late? Hmm..
    It is never too late for mimosas. Or margaritas. Or really any kind of alcohol. 
    Yup.

• Options
    tcnoble said:
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    MagicInk said:
    tcnoble said:
    It is never too late for mimosas. Or margaritas. Or really any kind of alcohol. 
    A.MEN.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and suggestions.  Mimosa Bar wins!!! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards