Chit Chat
Options

Should you be *here*?

13»

Re: Should you be *here*?

• Options
    MagicInk said:
    Alright everyone - Last bomb I will drop on you, I promise. I am honestly, truthfully a Grad student working on a thesis paper for a university in Pittsburgh. I am a studying communications and delving heavily into the controversy and laws in all facets of communications. Specifically, I am emphasizing how easy it is for individuals to lie on an online discussion board, WITHOUT breaking communications laws. (Those of which I have not broken.) As you see from what I did here, people will believe almost anything online and the point of qualitative case study here is just that. You first targeted me for posting open-ended questions in a free-flowing discussion board, then you believed just about anything I said afterwards. Some of you even threatened to contact my fictional place of work because you clearly believe most of what you are told online. It was suggested that I fess up once you became angry and threatened to take action (which you did). Please be aware of what you say, and what you believe on the web. I'm sorry for taking up so much of your time but I appreciate the feeback and I assure you that I have done all of this under the supervision of faculty. They have been sitting in the same room as myself and approve of every action that I have taken. 

Be angry all you want, but it only proves my point further. Thank you!
    You needed to do a study to show that people can lie on the internet and other people will probably be believe them? You couldn't just watch an episode of Catfish and call it a day.

Now, WTF has gone down? Cause I'm on the west coast and my day has just started. Fuckin east coasters...starting shit before I have a chance to have my morning screw driver (it's cool, it's got OJ in it, that makes it ok to day drink).
    Ditto, can we have Cliff Notes?
    CN: Bride in other post titled 'Should you be here?' insinuated all the OMHs should GTF off TK because we're OMHs and we don't add anything to the community and plusalso one of the big meanie OMHs 'beraded' (berated) a Knottie on a thread on the Catholic Board, but no one can find it, and then the OP was like, 'Actually, I'm a journalist' and when called out on that it was 'actually I'm a grad student proving that OMFG PEOPLE LIE on the Interwebz,' and she basically called called a troll.

Bingo was made early, KP got paged but hasn't done anything, and we all moved on from liar-pants.
    I'm gonna need another drink. 

Also nicely summarized.
  • Options
    Niccirf,  It seems to be fixed, however it's blocked on my work computer and I'm sure it's too juicy to wait until I get home. What is the picture of?
    It's an Andy Cohen gif telling peeps to drink ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hey, I think today I made Bingo twice!  The NJ board is getting BINGO-tastic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Hey @shrekspeare you're back! Oh wait, you shouldn't be here anymore.
    I've heard I only get to join the OMH club when I post pictures, and that's if they want me. I've heard those girls are really snarky you know? They might be too mean.

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • Options
    Of course people don't tell the truth on the internet.  That's how your identity gets stolen.

*sigh*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

PDKH said:

If this chick (or whatever) is really a grad student working on a thesis (highly unlikely), how is it "research" to fabricate a situation in order to produce specific results you have already pre-determined will happen?  
    I don't know. I'm sure her university's institutional review board totally approved her plan to act like a hormonal teenager on a wedding forum....

Good luck on that oral defense, honey.

Love,
    An actual grad student in the social sciences

She's sitting in 3rd grade typing class giggling at the word "oral" now.

How do you think I passed my oral defense? ;)
  • Options
    PDKH said:
    PDKH said:
    If this chick (or whatever) is really a grad student working on a thesis (highly unlikely), how is it "research" to fabricate a situation in order to produce specific results you have already pre-determined will happen?  
    I don't know. I'm sure her university's institutional review board totally approved her plan to act like a hormonal teenager on a wedding forum.... Good luck on that oral defense, honey. Love, An actual grad student in the social sciences
    She's sitting in 3rd grade typing class giggling at the word "oral" now.
    How do you think I passed my oral defense? ;)
    I'm giggling over the use of oral right now. That could be cause I'm day drinking. Or because I have the same sense of humor as a 12 year old boy. Whatever either way...oral makes me laugh.
  • Options
    SmileDamnitSmileDamnit member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    Obsessed? Naaaah. Bored with the day & killing time? BINGO! Which is why I'm trying to quell my original reaction of...

and switch to a more welcoming one, simply for the other lack of entertainment today. So, thank you, oh brilliant & (faux) mysterious one, for the entertainment (...and for indirectly leading me to discover a whole treasure of WWHL gifs). Cheers!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Niccirf said:
    Obsessed? Naaaah. Bored with the day & killing time? BINGO! Which is why I'm trying to quell my original reaction of...

and switch to a more welcoming one, simply for the other lack of entertainment today. So, thank you, oh brilliant & (faux) mysterious one, for the entertainment (...and for indirectly leading me to discover a whole treasure of WWHL gifs). Cheers!

Lots o' this here too. I'm sitting through a super boring 2.5 hour meeting right now. It's pretty awful. I should probably be paying more attention because I'm the boss, but oh well. 

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @emily327523, you have yet to point out who 'attacked'/'cyber-bullied' someone on here because they chose to get married in a Catholic church.  Which thread is it? Who did it?  Maybe you haven't linked it or named the thread because it didn't happen, like all the other shit you chose to lie about.  
    There are plenty of religious Knotties and I like to think that we are very inclusive.  There are also plenty of engaged, not engaged, and married people on here that form this wonderful community and give great advice.  If you would have just spent some time on here like a regular person, you might have realized how welcoming and friendly we are.  Now, we don't validate bad ideas or sugarcoat replies.  For example, when someone posts asking about if they should mention the fact that they are having a cash bar on the invitation, we will tell them not to have a cash bar and why that is a bad idea.
    Now, obviously you can't believe everything people say on the internet, and obviously people could lie about anything on here.  But I am careful not to give out any personal information and would probably not meet up with anyone on here just because there are some crazies out there.  Do you have an issue that we have Knottie/internet friends?  
  • Options
    The madness....

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options

This comment deserves ALL the eye rolls!

Goodbye!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @Emmy1493 one more...for good measure

I have nothing further to contribute except that I'm REALLY disappointed to have missed the bingo thread. That is all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @Emmy1493 one more...for good measure

I have nothing further to contribute except that I'm REALLY disappointed to have missed the bingo thread. That is all.
    Hahaha! Thanks! I wish I were home to play the Bingo card. I would be druunnkkk!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards