Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Saving my bouquet

Hi all,

How, if at all, have you been getting our bouquet's back home?  Can we bring them on a plane?  Is there a way to preserve them before the end of the trip?  We're getting married on a Friday and heading home that Monday (having a separate honeymoon a week later) and though my bouquet is nothing special, I thought I might want to save it.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Re: Saving my bouquet

• Options
    Are you traveling internationally? If so you probably won't be able to get through customs.

I am planning on pressing some of the petals in a book. Still technically probably not allowed, but I am going to give it a shot.

If you want to have it preserved look into vendors for that sort of thing at your destination. They may be able to ship it to you when it is done.

Maybe you could take lots of photos and have a florist back home recreate it and then preserve that?

• Options

Generally you aren't allowed to bring fresh flowers back into country.  So, if your wedding is outside US, you may not be able to bring it back home.  I chose to do real touch silk flowers just for this reason. 

• Options
    I am doing a brooch bouquet for this reason, but silk flowers are a great way to go too!
  • Options
    I wonder if its worth trying. I may take newgirl77's idea above and press a few in a book. I also like to save one rose from all of fiances flowers he gives me so maybe I can try to press a few and then also try to bring one or two small dried out ones. I have a small vase with a few dried roses and they look so pretty like that it so would be nice to have a wedding rose.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you are travelling internationally you will probably not be able to bring this back...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards