Chit Chat
Options

Happy Momma's Day!

I hope all of you moms out there are going to have a fabulous day, and if you celebrate with your own momma, that she has a great one too.

What are y'all up to today? I'm finishing up paintings for FMIL and FGMIL.
--

I'm the fuck
out.

Re: Happy Momma's Day!

• Options
    Happy mommy's day to all, even the moms to furbabies or featherbabies or babies of the otherwise non-human variety. And a super big happy first Mother's Day to @katwag!

Had dinner with my mom last night (shawarma, yummmmm). I'm making raspberry lemon bars now to take to FMIL's house for brunch... with lots of this. Bwahaha. (Why's it sideways? Urgh.)

• Options
    I actually am not doing anything mother's day related today. I celebrated with my mom on Friday bc she is taking a roadtrip with a friend all this weekend. We saw my MIL for mother's day yesterday bc it was also my SIL's birthday. She lives quite a ways away so one trip made sense.
  • Options
    We have a no purchase rule on Mother's Day, which has made for a hilarious collection of original cards over the years.

My favorites include a crayon blood drenched pirate (for no reason in particular) that says inside the card: I love you. Feed me.

And a lovely offering from a then-seventeen year old son that says, Hey. This is your Mother's Day card. You probably knew that because it has sparkly shit all over it, and moms love sparkly shit.

I love my irreverent children who are really not children anymore.

Yes, happy Mother's Day to all.

• Options
    The only Mother's Day related stuff I'll be doing is calling my mom, FMIL, and both grandmothers.  Flowers and cards were already mailed and received.

Fi is going to his grandfather's house to celebrate Mother's Day and his grandpa's birthday (I think he's turning 88 today?)  I can't make it because I have to work.  For some reason my test prep company scheduled our weekend class for a day off yesterday, but we're meeting on Mother's Day.  Go figure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    We might go to brunch with FMIL or to his grandmas. I got my mom a fabulous gift and left it at work. I went yesterday to pick it up, and apparently they lock my floor! Happy Mother's Day all :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Happy Mother's day, ladies, and your moms, and all the moms. For my first mother's day FI and DS each got me flowers and a card (DS's card was bigger than him, lol) and tonight we have reservations at a great restaurant with FMIL. Before that we will probably set up DS's new kiddie pool in the backyard and sit in there with him while he splashes around. Have a great day everyone!!!
  • Options
    Happy Ma Day!!! FI's mom was going to come over for dinner but seeing as how we are now int he middle of highly annoying and unwelcome spring snow storm, I don't think she'll be making the trek over. Instead, we'll be making chilli, drinking bloody marys, and watching netflix. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Happy Mothers Day to all the amazing moms out there!  My sister and I hosted brunch at our parents' house this morning for 24 people- it was exhausting but totally worth it (even staying up until 12:45 to finish the last casserole and getting up at 6 this morning so FI and I could make it to the 7:30 mass with my parents).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful mothers out there! FI treated me and our daughter out to brunch. I was able to enjoy a few Bloody Mary at 10am. Afterwards, he dropped me and our daughter off to get a mani/pedi together. We took her to the park along with taking our dog to the dog park. It was relaxing. :-)
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    I had the best Mother's Day ever.
    DH made me Belgian waffles with whipped cream and cherries, and he also opened our stash of Hawaiian Peaberry Kona Coffee.  Yum!
    My daughter called, and we will skype Tuesday on Grandson's first birthday.  Last year she spent Mother's Day in labor!
    Son called and talked for more than an hour, which is unusual.  OK, half of it was engineer techy talk with his Dad, but I'm still pleased.
    Since I don't have to worry about my mother anymore, it was a truly relaxing day. 
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards