Moms and Maids

MOG Pictures/Etiquette Problem

My fiancé's parents, mostly his mother, offered to pay for our photography, as a wedding present, if we used this one person but my fiancé doesn't really like her and I think she is a bit pushy. This person is also very expensive and we are both very frugal people who don't like the idea of spending so much on photography when we have someone we already like who is much cheaper and still does a good job. I would really like some advice on this, has anyone had anything similar happen? I'm not sure how to tell her we don't want to use her friend since she wanted to do it as a gift and it was the first thing she really wanted to DO regarding the wedding.

Re: MOG Pictures/Etiquette Problem

• Jen4948Jen4948 Houston member
    Tenth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    Well, if your FILs are paying, that's money that doesn't come out of your and your FI's pockets.

Since you have an alternative person in mind, that's probably your best way to decline using your MIL's friend.  Your FI can say to his parents, "Thanks, Mom and Dad, but MS2015 and I have found someone we really like and feel comfortable with and we'll pay for it."  Your FMIL may be unhappy about your not accepting her "gift," but you can ask her about other aspects of the wedding that are important to her, and maybe you can come up with something together that will make her feel included.
    Blue_Birdgograce
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards