Wisconsin
Options

What are your thoughts on tipping or gift??

Wondering if I need to tip or give a thank you gift?

First, our ceremony/reception venue added a service charge to our bill. The service charge is 19% of our bill. However, they also have a line for gratuity that says $0. Do I also need to tip them?? Or is the service charge considered the gratuity?

Secondly, I have a lady doing makeup for the me, the bridesmaids, and my mother the day of the wedding.  Each of us have purchased makeup from her already when we did a trial run. She said that there is no fee, but do each of us tip her or just give her a gift?

Thanks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 152 Invited!
image 104 Are ready to celebrate with us!
image 44 Will be missing out!
image 4 Are making us wait for the RSVP!

RSVP Date - 6/15

Re: What are your thoughts on tipping or gift??

• Options
    As for your venue, I'd jus task what is all included in the service charge.  They should be able to itemize it for you.

As for the lady doing makeup, I think a tip or nice bottle of wine/gift card as a thank you would be nice.  But I don't think it's necessary either. 
  • Options
    Thanks for your response.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 152 Invited!
    image 104 Are ready to celebrate with us!
    image 44 Will be missing out!
    image 4 Are making us wait for the RSVP!

RSVP Date - 6/15
  • Options
    I would not tip the venue unti the day of. What if they don't meet your expectation? I rather leave it blank and if they perform well, then give them a tip to share. But I don't feel it is mandatory and that's also what the planner told me when I got married. I had a few staff issues and some of the details were missed, so I was happy that I had that option. Yeah, I didn't tip.
    As for the make up lady, I recommend tipping. I also bought make up from the Clinique lady, but remember she is coming in on her free time to do this for all of you. And tip only to your discretion.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards