Wisconsin

NWR: Milwaukee Visit

Hi ladies,

I will be in Milwaukee on Thursday. I am taking a coworker to an appointment at, I believe, Aurora Sinai, and Im wondering what I can do for 3-4 hours while he has his procedure done. I looked at the map and it is next door to Marquette but Im curious to know if anyone in the area has free wi-fi or there is a shopping center close by, or maybe even a decent museum. Something relatively inexpensive would be nice to pass the time.

Thanks ladies :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NWR: Milwaukee Visit

• gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Milwaukee Public Museum (www.mpm.edu) is nearby and the art museum is not far either (www.mam.org).

The Shops of Grand Avenue is the downtown mall - but not much to rave about.  Try walking in the Third Ward - great little shops there (Water/Broadway Streets south of I-794).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Starbucks has free Wi-Fi you will be very close to Mayfair mall as well. 
  • edited December 2011
    You could shop at Bayshore Mall - it's a 10-15 minute drive north of downtown.  Or Mayfair Mall which is 10-15 minutes west of downtown.  Third Ward has some nice shops - Milwaukee Public Market is a fun place to go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you like architecture, Gesu Church is a beautiful gothic building.  Also there's a small historic, medieval-like chapel on Marquette's campus.  Aurora Sinai is on 12th and State, Gesu is on 12th and Wisconsin, about 6 blocks south, right on Marquette's campus.  

I don't know where that chapel is on campus, but nothing is really far.  Although when it's 30 degrees and windy, everything gets a bit further away...:)

Hope this helps!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The ideas given are all good ones.  Hope the procedure goes well.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • blumerblumer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I think I will be visiting the Public Museum while my coworker is having his procedure done. I hope it goes well too, and it should, its not that big of a deal just needed someone with so he could leave after its done.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards