Wisconsin
Options

Who's From Central Wisconsin??

Hey Ladies!  I'd like to know who is from Central Wisconsin, so that we could possibly have a get-together and discuss wedding stuff!!!

I'm from Stevens Point!

Re: Who's From Central Wisconsin??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Sheboygan, getting married in October?  Are you a chef??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From Green Bay, live in Eagle River.  I got  Wausau often for a shopping day, there is not much up here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Wausau. So me, me, me! =D
  • Options
    Christina728Christina728 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Stevens Point as well! Getting married in Wisconsin Rapids  :)
  • Options
    JessieH11JessieH11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Kenosha, getting married in Wausau.  When is everyones date and venue?  I'm having my reception at Stoney Creek Inn in schofield.
  • Options
    mkkijekmkkijek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,

I am a custom wedding stationery designer based in Wausau. I also happen to be getting married in February in Mexico :) I'd love to help with any of your wedding stationery needs: save-the-dates, invites, menus, ceremony programs, place cards, table numbers. You name it, I do it! You can contact me at mkkijek@gmail.com or 715.571.2042. My website is www.michellekweddingstationery.com. Hope to hear from you ladies!

Michelle
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married April 30th!  Isn't there a wedding show coming up in Wausau? I keep hearing about it on the radio...
    Also...question for you girls. There really is nothing up here that has nice crafty stuff/paper....any ideas of a good store in Wausau for things like this besides Michaels?
  • Options
    Christina728Christina728 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michaels has become my new favorite store. I haven't started any projects or got any major purchases, but I go and look and get ideas. I can't think of any other places either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_whos-central-wisconsin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:66072722-6805-48af-a387-8200f85f28bcPost:3063fce0-bed2-47dc-8d93-b7d8dbe86636">Re: Who's From Central Wisconsin??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married April 30th!  Isn't there a wedding show coming up in Wausau? I keep hearing about it on the radio... Also...question for you girls. There really is nothing up here that has nice crafty stuff/paper....any ideas of a good store in Wausau for things like this besides Michaels?
    Posted by KatieD212[/QUOTE]

What are you looking for specifically?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_whos-central-wisconsin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:66072722-6805-48af-a387-8200f85f28bcPost:2e5bbc01-cb18-4d0e-8463-c436f11e2474">Re: Who's From Central Wisconsin??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm from Sheboygan, getting married in October?  <strong>Are you a chef</strong>??
    Posted by yogitea01[/QUOTE]

My FI would L-O-V-E if I were a chef.  But no, I'm not.  Our May 2011 Siggy Challenge was to show what you wanted to grow up to be when you were a child, and I wanted to be a chef.  (With a show at 8am on Tuesdays....I was very specific!)
  • Options
    kaitm22kaitm22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From Pittsville getting married in Marshfield on Spet. 25th!
    Number Invited 199image Ready to Party! 73image Missing Out 8image MIA 110image RSVP Date: Your RSVP Date
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Goetz, I'm not looking for anything too specific, just another store to find things at. The only one in Wausau I know about is Michaels....I was thinking something like Hobby Lobby-ish!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!!!  I'm from Marshfield and am planning a wedding 11/11/11 in Sarasota, FL but will be having an AHR here on 12/03/11.  I'd love to do a GTG!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am from Stevens Point and planning a wedding in Neillsville WI (its on hwy 10 west of Marshfield) on July 9th 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Kenosha, getting married in May in Lake Geneva :-)
  • Options
    rvonckrvonck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We live in Washington, DC, but we're getting married in Mosinee (reception at The Plaza in Wasau) on 8/6/11... looking forward to it!  Love Wisconsin!!

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    rvonk-  I stayed at the Plaza this winter....what a unique hotel!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm from wausau! And I actually plan weddings so if anyone wanted to get together and talk about ideas I have LOTS!

you can always email me at sweetpeaplanning@live.com as well if you wanted to get together.
    Amber & Chris
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Currently living in Dallas, TX but getting married in Waupaca, WI . . .  if anyone has any good suggestions for photographers that are artistic (as in they don't do all of the standard posed shots - instead focus more on candids ands such) and they are reasonable (tight budget!)  I would love to get some more info! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Me! Living in Milwaukee now, but the wedding will be in Wausau next year!

Ladies, did you like The Plaza? We tried calling and never got a response...so I figured I'd leave them alone if they don't want our business! lol But if it was really nice, maybe I'll pursue it again...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SKIP THE PLAZA..the wedding coordinator refuses to be at your event all night. She will be there for set up and then you are on your own. I actually canceled my event there because we were completely mislead. We forfeited our deposit but I think it was worth the loss. While I did not have my reception here, I have had several friends use Jefferson Street Inn and everyone has been thrilled!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kristinnowak- I have friends that just got married and their photographer was AMAZING! Brown Street Studios out of Rhinelander...but they travel. 
    On a more affordable level, my photographer was under $2000 for an all day deal and he is very photojournalistic...we are supposed to get our engagements back in a few days!! he is www.JoeHang.com

Also, if anyone is looking for a DJ my FBIL is a DJ!  He has been playing drums in a band for years and now he is doing DJing, hes got the equipment and lights and all the good stuff.  PM me if you want his phone number or anything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am from Marshfield but living in Madison.  Getting married in Marshfield in April 2011.  Got my dress from Elengant Occasions in Wausau and I have heard that they are doing a big sale right now for wedding gowns.  Go check them out!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ambz06060ambz06060 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kristin nowak: nicki suehs-seeger is a local photographer out of manawa (10 minutes from waupaca) will be doing my wedding next year... has her photos on her facebook page..... 750 for all day!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards