Texas-Austin

Who/how much to tip?

I have an independent make-up artist and hair artist coming to our location to do us up the morning of the wedding.

My question is: do I tip in addition to the amount they're charging / person?

In a salon I know that you tip because normally the tip goes straight to the artist and the payment is split/shared with salon.  But when they're coming to me and getting 100% of the fee, do I also tip?

I'm not trying to be insensitive, I'm just really unsure as to how to handle this.

Also - I read on another forum that people tip the DJ and photographer as well??? Is that legit?

Re: Who/how much to tip?

• shaylagirlshaylagirl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited May 2014
    Granted, I had my hair done at the salon, but I tipped her for my trial and the day of.

I also tipped the Limo driver and our musician (we didn't have a DJ, just a classical guitarist at the ceremony site).  We also left money for our ceremony site as they were a free wedding chapel (Chapel Dulcinea).

I would have tipped our photographer if she wasn't a friend of the family and her parents paid her agreed upon fee as a wedding gift to us.

My parents also tipped the reception site as they went above and beyond (we felt) to make our day beautiful and special.

But, for me personally, I would tip my MUA/Hairstylist as well as the DJ and photographer IF you feel like they've done a good job, which is usually what a tip is for; payment for a job well done or for going above and beyond.

You could also ask this question on the main forums.

Good luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards