Chit Chat
Options

This is a person I just want to slap!

13»

Re: This is a person I just want to slap!

• Options
    AzAnnieAzAnnie member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    My Fi is not the most romantic person in the world but my proposal was so sweet. He hid my ring in the Christmas tree and told me for 2 weeks that one of my Christmas presents was in plain sight. So,of course, I looked for it for 2 weeks never suspecting what it was. It was perfectly perched on a snoopy ornament! Thank goodness there were no cameras. I was in my pj's with bed head!!
  • Options
    KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    arrippa said:
    Inkdancer said:
    I don't think I'm physically that much older than OP. But, I try reading that "I no want that, I want this" tantrum and I'm ready to bitch slap her. Grow the fuck up. If you can't accept him as he is, provided he's decent otherwise, you are just heading for a divorce. Move on and find someone who meets your standards. But, hey, I had a lazy ask and got tacos. So what do I know.
    We celebrated our engagement with chocotacos. TACOS FOR EVERYONE!
    Dying!  This gif is magical.

• Options
    arrippa said:
    Inkdancer said:
    I don't think I'm physically that much older than OP. But, I try reading that "I no want that, I want this" tantrum and I'm ready to bitch slap her. Grow the fuck up. If you can't accept him as he is, provided he's decent otherwise, you are just heading for a divorce. Move on and find someone who meets your standards. But, hey, I had a lazy ask and got tacos. So what do I know.
    We celebrated our engagement with chocotacos. TACOS FOR EVERYONE!
    Batman and Harry Potter in one gif?! I can die happy now. My life is complete. Sorry, wedding.

• Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    When my FI and I bought our house two years ago (May 2012), I kind of freaked out by the lack of legal commitment and brought up the topic of marriage. He said he loved me and couldn't imagine a future without me in it, but that he wasn't ready to get married and wasn't sure he ever would be. I then had to decide whether or not that was enough for me. I told him "Fine. I'll give you time and I will not bring it up again, but rest assured that I won't be content being your live in girlfriend forever." I knew he would eventually propose, but I didn't want to pressure him at all. I didn't say another word about it.

Fast forward to October 2013. I was sitting on the couch writing a paper and I looked up to see him, the kids, and the dog standing there in front of me. I didn't know what was going on and then his daughter said "Hey, my dad has something to ask you." and then he dropped to one knee in front of me while holding out a box containing a beautiful diamond ring. I was speechless. I just started to cry and threw my arms around him. He asked me "Is that a yes?" and I said "Absolutely." The way he planned it was so sweet. He told his two kids that he was going to propose, contacted my parents, contacted his parents....everyone knew except me (and my son because he tends to talk too much). The kids had been out of school for fall break the week before, so he even took his daughter him to help him shop for my ring on the sly. I absolutely LOVE that he had our kids there when he proposed.

Sadly, there were no tacos. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    AzAnnieAzAnnie member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    AzAnnie said:
    My Fi is not the most romantic person in the world but my proposal was so sweet. He hid my ring in the Christmas tree and told me for 2 weeks that one of my Christmas presents was in plain sight. So,of course, I looked for it for 2 weeks never suspecting what it was. It was perfectly perched on a snoopy ornament! Thank goodness there were no cameras. I was in my pj's with bed head!!
    Mine involved an ornament too! Not so much torture waiting and looking for it though... we were walking/shopping through Frankenmuth (non-Michiganders, it's like a giant Christmas-all-the-time town) 2 weeks before Christmas. Had stopped on a little foot bridge over the river to take a picture, and he said he had one of my gifts he wanted me to open then so I could enjoy it before Christmas. I thought "what the heck weirdo, it's the middle of a blizzard, why didn't you do this when we were inside?"  Opened it up, and it was two little clay snowmen with our names and that day's date on it. I thought "that's oddly specific, why didn't he just put the year?" Then I saw they were holding a little clay ring... looked over and he was down on one knee in the snow with my ring in his hand. Don't remember exactly what he said, but I know he used my full name which I thought was really sweet. I'm out there crying like a fool, tears freezing to my face. It was like we were in our own little snow globe, not another soul in sight because of the storm. Only way it could have been better is if there were tacos. ;-)

Suck in the box... Lolo, that is so sweet and everything is better with tacos!!!
  • Options
    This is a child who is way too immature to be in a serious relationship, much less thinking about marriage.  She seems to want a fairytale wedding, not a marriage.  Too much SYTTD, perhaps?  Hopefully wiser heads will prevail and they'll slow things down or call things off before they both make a huge mistake.  I can also see huge Bridezilla potential - just saying. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We picked out the ring together on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and it was promised it would be delivered on Tuesday.  He told me he had to actually propose before I could wear it, but that he couldn't wait to announce it at Thanksgiving dinner, so I knew I was getting proposed to on Tuesday.  So I get home from work and he was walking back upstairs from taking the puppy out.  She had grabbed a big stick to chew on.  So I go inside and I'm putting my stuff away in the kitchen and he's down on the floor playing with the puppy. 
    He starts telling me "So I was talking to Leia (the puppy) earlier.."
    "You were talking to Leia?"
    "Yeah, I was taking a dump and she was in the bathroom talking to me...would you come out here?!" 
    So I come out of the kitchen. He starts over. "I was talking to Leia and she said 'Ruff, ruff, roo"
    "O..k..?" The puppy is chewing on her stick, not paying any attention to either of us.
    "Well in dog that means "Will you marry me?" and he pulls out the ring.
    We do the yes, hug, kiss things and then he's like "I'm sorry, she had a stick! She wasn't supposed to have a stick, it threw me off."
    I just looked at him, "Yeah, it was the stick that was weird, not the part about taking a dump." 
    "Well I had to stall until you came out of the kitchen!"

So yeah, hardly romantic.  Totally perfect.  :) I wouldn't have had it any other way.

• Options
    RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    I told my ex-FI that he could just put the ring on my finger in the jewelry store and call it good. He didn't want that, said I deserved something better (his words). So he proposed when we were in bed, naked, and during foreplay. I hope to hell he didn't have a photographer there or a hidden camera somewhere. I'd have beat him senseless. But he's an ex for many reasons, so, yeah.
  • Options
    Ours was pretty spontaneous. 

We'd been talking pretty seriously about marriage for a week or so (we'd spoken before, but not seriously) because his mom had been pushing us to get a "cohabitation agreement", but we hadn't really done anything about it because we had FI's 10 year reunion to go to. So we're driving home from the reunion, through a national park because we're cool like that, on Sunday around lunchtime and we stop at a picnic site to eat our sandwiches and drink our water. 

We're out of range of any decent radio stations, our phones are dying, and we'd taken our CD's our of the car to have it washed, so we start talking about the marriage thing again. Next thing FI is popping the cap ring off his water bottle and when I ask why he says "Because I don't have yours with me". He had actually bought a ring for me pretty soon after we started dating because he was sure I was the one. 

There were no photographers. There were no sting quartets. No flash mobs, no balloon bouquets, no massive gestures. It was cold, the wind was barrelling through the picnic site, and we were both wearing the previous day's clothes. But it was us, and it was perfect.

My dad proposed to my mom at breakfast one morning, while he was tying his shoes. You know what he said? "Fuck it, let's get married." Romantic, huh? What's even more romantic is that my battle-axe of a late grandmother had sent my mom the family veil several weeks earlier...
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards