Snarky Brides

"Personalized" BM gifts & PPDs

So I've been snarking pretty hard about a wedding that I was a BM in, and I am happy to report that it was not as bad as I anticipated.  At the last minute the couple decided they should probably have chairs at the ceremony site, and it was a good thing they did because the MOB was 30 minutes late.  Yeah, that's right, we were all lined up ready to go (after standing in the horse poo and dirt at the "ranch" for an hour taking pictures in 3 inch heels), and someone realized that her mother hadn't showed yet.  So we waited, and waited, and finally they made an announcement to the guests. Ceremony went fine though, bride looked stunning and food was delicious.  Dollar dance was tacky and awkward. Oh, and I cried like a freaking baby all night because, weddings!

We did have the "privilege" of spending 8 hours setting up the ceremony and reception site the day before, as they did not pay for any professional services other than a DJ and caterer.  Needless to say the bride and her sisters were burnt to a crisp after spending all day in the sun, and unfortunately it's visible in the few wedding photos I've seen (hopefully they can edit some to look nice). Oh, and my BM "gift" was a giant tote bag with my name embroidered in neon letters and a "fun" hanger with my nickname bent into the bottom wire. 

Oh, and today, my married coworker started asking me about prices for invitations because she "wants a real wedding" because "we just did the courthouse thing, and you know, that's not a wedding".....

I need booze.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: "Personalized" BM gifts & PPDs

• Rebl90 said:
    Oh, and today, my married coworker started asking me about prices for invitations because she "wants a real wedding" because "we just did the courthouse thing, and you know, that's not a wedding".....

I need booze.
    I officially hate everyone who says that. I'd kill to just be able to hop over to the courthouse and boom be married to my partner of 10 years. And it'd be a real wedding. And we'd have a party afterwards with lots of food and alcohol.
  • Rebl90Rebl90 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    @MagicInk  I'm sure! II was so shocked by her sudden desire to have a wedding, they've been married for over 5 years so I don't get the draw.  But she went on and on about having a "religious ceremony to make things real".  Yes, because God doesn't hear you or see you unless you are in a giant white dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was just in a wedding where the bride got us matching robes, matching earrings, and clutches.  The good news is that I'm all set if the pink-ocalypse ever happens. 

Because I am nice and don't like to see my friends sad, I volunteered to help my friend with her makeup for her wedding (her first MUA was pretty bad).  I did 4 trials, and she kept changing her mind on styles (but whatev).  The day of, I was going to murder her- she was being ridiculous and picking out flaws that weren't there.  She kept saying, "well, I normally do suchandsuch" and wouldn't follow a suggestion I gave, only to go back and have me do what I was going to do to begin with. Fine if you're paying a professional... not fine if it's one of your best friends helping out.  And I did makeup for MOB, MOH, and another BM.  And because I was doing stuff for everyone else- I had to rush to get ready, so I looked like shit and was completely stressed out.  I feel guilty for still being pissy about it- not that I don't love her- but I better be getting a very nice thank you card.

Actually, my friend's wedding made me realize that it's not hair and make-up that make you look beautiful on your wedding day, it's your attitude.  (Sorry for being cheesy)

Your coworker is ridiculous.  Not only is that a slap in the face for same-sex couples; it's insulting to her entire marriage... 5 years wasn't "legit"? What da fuck?  I just don't get it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards