Connecticut

Modern style DJ

I am having the hardest time finding a DJ who doesn't come off as "cheesy" to me or sound like a game show host. I am probably being overly picky but I'm finding a lot of DJ's kind of sound like the announcer on The Price is Right. 

Can anybody recommend a DJ that has a modern, sophisticated style? I'm not sure how else to describe what I'm looking for. I just don't want my wedding to sound like a car dealership commercial :/ 

Oh, and I'm also trying to keep it somewhat budget-friendly.Thanks! 

Re: Modern style DJ

• We used Marty Q and really liked him. He played the sax during cocktail hour and dinner and the rest of the time he played awesome music without trying to be a loud guy.
  • We are going with Spin Doctor Entertainment out of Danbury. Dave, the owner and DJ, is very accommodating and genuine and has been open to any style of music we've wanted. He is very thorough and wants instruction from you on who has access to the mic, who can request songs (if anyone), etc. and we found that his prices were considerably affordable given he also does event lighting and design. 
  • lac1252lac1252 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Check out Ronnie Mazal of Musically Yours. I think he's exactly what you're looking for. My wedding is on Saturday so I can't give a review yet but he has been incredibly professional and I can tell he will be the exact opposite of a cheesy wedding DJ. I think we're paying around $1,500 for a 6-hour reception.
  • Thank you for the suggestions! I'll definitely be checking all these out.
  • I love our DJ! We're using Hollywood Enterprises. The pricing is great and he's been really helpful and easy to work with. http://www.hollywoodenterprises-dj.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @FutureMrsMerati we ended up going with Spin Doctor, thanks for the rec :) I don't know if it's just us, or maybe because it's prime wedding season right now, but some of the DJ's we tried to contact did not get back to us. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards