Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

For the Groom?

My FI has been hinting that he would really wishes he could incorporate his love of baseball into our wedding. So, I really want to surprise him, though, with some kind of dessert.  We don't like cake and are not having one.  Instead, we have a s'mores bar and some assorted small assorted cookies / brownies.  Would a "grooms cake" make sense if we aren't cake people?  I was thinking instead I could put together a small small candy buffet that is baseball themed (or more specifically Yankees themed), but would it seem weird since it it wont match the rest of our colors and decor (grey & orange fall theme)?  

Re: For the Groom?

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think it's sweet of you to surprise him with his favorite things. If he doesn't like cake, skip the groom's cake. Your idea of a baseball themed candy bar is great. It won't be weird at all, regardless of your colors and theme. 
  • Options
    Cookies, chocolates or cake pops decorated to look like baseballs would be great. There's nothing more fall-like than playoff baseball!

• Options
    I vote cake pops! (then again, I am a cake person)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Aren't cake pops more expensive than cake, though?  
  • Options
    csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Maybe you can incorporate Cracker Jack and/or peanuts somehow.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Aren't cake pops more expensive than cake, though?  
    Well you didn't say you were looking for something less expensive, just that you don't like cake. :) Cake pops aren't at all like eating a slice of cake, since the frosting is mixed in with the cake crumbs. It's more like a truffle.

• Options
    kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    If you don't like cake pops, you could do Oreo balls (way more delicious, just annoying to make)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards