Wedding Etiquette Forum

Trying to keep calm

2»

Re: Trying to keep calm

• Why do you need to move people around at all? Just rent the extra table and chairs and seat your brother and his family at that table. Done.

I thought about that, but was trying to be considerate and sit him with my parents and other brother.

Save yourself the aggravation and just put he and his family at the extra table.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• No, I would never treat him this way, and I told him that in the email I sent him. No matter our differences, he's still my brother, he's still my family, and I love him. There is no other event that would be more important to me than being there to love and support my brother on his wedding day. He told me FI is my only family now. After all that, then he decides he's going to come at the last minute? It's stress inducing, but he only sees himself.
    I would definitely have a talk with your brother at some point. Rearrange the wedding stuff, etc, and focus on your big day because it's about you. But definitely have a talk with your brother soon because this behavior is NOT acceptable. It was rude and inconsiderate of him. Plus, he didn't even call you- he called your MOM! I would have told your mother to have him call you personally because she doesn't need to be a messenger. Like some people other people, this reminds me of frustrations with my family so that's part of my venting. But seriously, say your piece because it sounds like you wouldn't treat him this way.

• beethery said:

Why do you need to move people around at all? Just rent the extra table and chairs and seat your brother and his family at that table. Done.

I thought about that, but was trying to be considerate and sit him with my parents and other brother.

He signed an "It's ok not to kiss my ass" waiver when he started pulling this shit. Get his ass a card table and a doodle of a flower on some notebook paper for a centerpiece.

SITB:
    Now, THAT is an awesome idea!!
  • tortoisebridetortoisebride member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    He told me FI is my only family now.
    F that. What an asshole. Don't rearrange stuff for him. You're really sorry but the venue just can't accommodate late additions and if it were really important well perhaps he should have decided to come earlier. If he thinks marriage is a legit reason to stop being "family" to your relatives, that explains an awful lot about his behavior.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He told me FI is my only family now.
    F that. What an asshole. Don't rearrange stuff for him. You're really sorry but the venue just can't accommodate late additions and if it were really important well perhaps he should have decided to come earlier. If he thinks marriage is a legit reason to stop being "family" to your relatives, that explains an awful lot about his behavior.
    OMFG, I didn't even SEE that!

What a fucking douchebag! Get rid of his ass, that isn't family behavior, AND how nice of him to clear that up for you. Nothing says, "Please don't bother thinking about me for the rest of my days" than someone else declaring who your family is or is not.

The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb, baby. And he just sealed the deal for you.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards