Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Budget wedding - inexpensive venues?

Hi everyone,

I've seen posts on this topic before, but they are kind of old. My FH and I are funding our entire wedding and are looking to spend about $8k on the whole thing (we are simultaneously saving for a house, and well, out of the two, house is an eensy bit more important)

I have done some research, and estimate that the venue + food will cost abut half of my entire budget. I'm looking for wedding venues no more than $3500, but I'm having trouble finding them. A lot of places don't list their prices, and will only offer you a sample package if you schedule a visit with them. I'm willing to bring in my own caterer as well, so a venue doesn't necessarily have to include a menu package.

I'm looking in the south shore area, but also am willing to look near the cape, Providence, Boston, and metro west of Boston. Has anyone had any luck in this area?

Re: Budget wedding - inexpensive venues?

• Options
    How many people are you looking to have at your wedding?  Have you looked at Oakes Ames Memorial Hall in Easton?  They have some reasonably priced space.  They were difficult to get a hold of when I tried investigating them but my friend had a lovely ceremony and reception there and said that once you make contact and book they're fine to work with.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks mskatia! I'll look into them.

We're looking at less than 100 people. Probably 75 or so.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you are looking to pay for alcohol, a BYOB venue will help keep costs down. Also, are you looking for a more traditional wedding reception (with dancing etc)? Maybe look at opentable for restaurants that do private events http://www.opentable.com/info/banquets.aspx?m=7&ref=6742.  Venues outside of Boston will likely be cheaper. 
  • Options
    Independence Harbor in Assonet has pretty reasonable package prices and they often offer discounts on dates that are less than 6 months out if you think you could plan quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards