Wedding 911
Options

Getting dressed... in the limo!?

So, I got a call from the salon where I have myself and bridesmaids booked for the wedding day, and they miscalculated the time needed and now I will have only 45 minutes between the end of hair & makeup for everyone, and the start of the ceremony - not enough time to go back home first. The salon does not have a room available to get dressed in, so I was thinking... maybe the limo? I've booked a giant bus limo and they can be at the salon at noon (salon is 5-10 min away from ceremony location). There is plenty of room to stand up and move around in, so I don't think getting dressed should really be an issue - except my bridesmaids would have to get dressed one at a time, since I think there is a bit of shyness (or maybe we bring some kind of privacy curtain?)... anyway, I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten dressed in a limo!? Is this an absolutely crazy idea? Super tacky? Any other tips or ideas? I'm just in a bind since the wedding is less than a month away now, too late to rebook hair and makeup somewhere else... :(

Re: Getting dressed... in the limo!?

• Options
    Personally, I would be pushing back hard on the salon and saying that they need to fit you in at least 30 minutes earlier, especially since they are the ones who screwed up.

45 minutes for travel, dressing, and staging to go down the aisle seems to be cutting it too close for my tastes - especially because some guests may arrive 20-30 minutes early. I'd worry your dress would get smashed/wrinkled before the ceremony and pictures, and I would not be thrilled as a BM to change in a moving vehicle. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I chewed them out but there wasn't much to be done - we are already starting early as it is. Unless I want to dump them and go with someone else, but based on the preliminary calls I've made, this will be very difficult.

There would be no getting dressed in a moving vehicle, though - the limo would arrive at noon, and one bridesmaid would be ready at that time so they could go in and get dressed. The limo will sit in the parking lot for 30 min before driving to the ceremony (arriving 15 min before ceremony), which... should? be enough time for us all to get dressed and shoes on. My dress isn't very complicated. The windows are tinted on the limo, so no creepers can peek in, and air conditioned so it won't be stifling. And since it's a bus-type limo, there's lots of room to stand up.
  • Options
    I think you will be cutting things really close.  You never know if someone's hair may take long then expected or if something else may happen at the salon which will cause delays.  How many stylists are going to be working on you and your BMs?  I honestly would be requesting an extra stylist from the salon to help get everyone done and ready to go in the time they had previously scheduled.  You (and your BMs) should not have to get dressed in your limo bus because your salon fucked up.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm totally at the end of my rope. There are no more stylists available - the lady suggested bringing in a freelancer, but then cut herself off and said, "Actually we aren't supposed to do that" so I raised a big stink and she is asking the boss and the boss is supposed to be calling me back to let me know if I can bring in another one or two ladies to help out. Fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath... :(
  • Options
    What if... I don't know if this can actually be done. But what if you parked at the back of your venue, and you and your girls snuck into your bridal suite at the venue to get dressed? 
  • Options
    If you can't get dressed at the site, then I think everyone gets dressed at the salon, and the salon figures out how to make that happen, then you travel already dressed.

I would not, as a BM, be comfortable getting dressed in a moving vehicle, but neither would I want to be so rushed getting dressed at the ceremony site.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Could you leave a little earlier than the other BM and go home to get dressed? You don't necessarily need to stay at the salon until everyone is finished and you should be finished first. Then maybe ask your parents or someone to drive you to the ceremony site.

The salon really doesn't have a bathroom that people could change in?
  • Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    Nope. The salon's response to their fuck up is completely unacceptable. The owner needs to be on the phone with you by the end of the day with a reasonable plan. If the stylists have to come in an extra hour early to make it happen for you, that's what they need to do. Period.

ETA: Hopefully the OP has had this problem solved by now...just noticed that it was posted on May 22nd!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards