Not Engaged Yet
Options

Oh hey, it's Friday

SwazzleSwazzle member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited May 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
WOOT WOOT! 

I have a "half" day today (I work 6:30 - 2) and I'm already counting down the hours to when I get to go home. 

I'm having a pretty low key weekend which will be really nice for a change! I'm hoping to drive up to @hummingbird125's at some point for a puppy play date and H and I have plans to go to dinner in NYC Sunday night. 

Other than that, I plan on experimenting with my hair all weekend and getting a feel for it. For those that don't know, I chopped off all my hair yesterday! 

ETA pic

Re: Oh hey, it's Friday

• Options
    TGIF. 

Seriously. I needed this week to be over. I have a pretty low-key weekend planned. FI and I might go into the city tomorrow for brunch with some friends. They keep changing their minds about where they want to go, so I'm leaning towards telling them "We're going HERE at THIS TIME I you want to join, you are welcome to." just to save myself some frustration.

We need to go shopping to look for an affordable suit for FI. The one he has is WAY too big - idk why he ever bought it in the first place. I'm hoping there is some sun this weekend so I can work on my tan.

I'm hoping @Swazzle can come up on Sunday or Monday if there is good weather so that our pups can become BFF's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My parents are throwing BF and I a housewarming party tomorrow so we are going to be cleaning like crazy tonight and tomorrow morning to get the house ready for people to come over. Mom is doing a taco bar for food and I excited to see how it all comes together.

That's really all we have planned for the weekend. We'll be cleaning up after that to get things back to normal and then probably putting around doing house stuff all weekend. I want to get the pup out too, maybe on a long walk or something. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    labrolabro member

Yayyy Friday! Talk about the longest week ever. I'm SO ready for the weekend to start.

This morning I got up early and took the dog to the vet. She's been losing hair in tufts ever since we noticed two small almost bare spots on her leg a week ago and now her hair is super thin on her chest, belly and haunches. The vet checked her for mange and fleas and other parasites and she was clear so he thinks it's most likely an allergy to something environmental. We've got her on what is basically benadryl and an anti-itch steroid as well. I hope her hair starts to grow back soon.

Tomorrow we have a graduation party and then we might go to a family friend's lakehouse for a Memorial Day party. I'm still trying to figure out if we can bring the dog because that will determine if we go and if we do, how long we can stay.

Sunday is more graduation parties! A kid I've been babysitting since he was basically in diapers graduated high school so we're stopping by his parent's house to congratulate him. Then my parent's neighbors are having a tri-graduation party for their two sons and their daughter. The boys are both graduating high school and the daughter just graduated college.

Monday is recovery day. We're going to need it.

• Options
    @LaPeanut1018 - it took a few weeks for Bax's fur to grow back in once we figured out his allergy.  the vet can tell you what vitamins or supplements to give Cinders to help promote the fur growth. 
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @Swazzle I defeinitely see the Jlaw resemblance in you! 

I have no huge plans this weekend, my bf is heading out of town for a weekend of golf with his dad, I am going to go have a bonfire and sleepover at bf's mom's house for a girl's night :)  Nothing else too exciting! 

• Options
    weekend plans? 

today after work I'm sleeping.  I started Augmentin last night and it kept me up feeling sick, so I'm catching up on my sleep with a NAP.  we're having dinner with some friends at a taco place tonight and that's about it. 

tomorrow we have a graduation party at 1 PM and then my brother's birthday dinner that evening.  they just decided about the birthday dinner, so I have to come up with a gift, FAST.

Sunday we're having brunch after church at a Guatemalan place!

Monday, I'm probably scrubbing the house.  it's supposed to rain ALL WEEKEND (Friday through Tuesday) so there will be no fun outside activities.  :(
  • Options
    TGIF!!! What a long and stressful week :\

Tonight FI and I are having our date night. We're keeping it simple since we have a lot of wedding stuff to buy this weekend so I think I'll make our favorite meal, rent a movie, and drink.

Saturday we are visiting my family. My grandparents are back from Florida for the summer so we are going to visit them, my parents, and my nephew. We don't have anything planned for Saturday night but I'm sure something will come up.

On Sunday we have FI's grandpa's funeral to go to.  FI is really not looking forward to it. I hope its not too hard on him.

On Monday we are sleeping in and I CAN'T WAIT. We are also painting our centerpieces :)
    Anniversary

• Options
    @Swazzle, Love your hair!

I am spending my entire 3 day weekend at the barn. I want to try and get Bo under saddle, but we need to pull his shoes first. FI also has his project horse, Liberty, that he wants to start working with. Saturday though we're headed to the barrel races in the town nearby that some people from my barn are running in. It's going to be so much fun!

On Sunday, I'm taking a core class at the barn to help with balance and muscle. It's taught by a martial arts instructor and is 2 hours long...I may die.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Swazzle I love your hair! I agree with @BreMR - totally see the JLaw resemblance; thats the first thing I thought of when I saw your picture!
    Anniversary

• Options

Yay Friday!! I love the hair @swazzle.

Tonight I have to run a few errands, nothing else exciting going on.  Tomorrow is my bachelorette party, but I have no idea of what is being planned for it or when to meet up tomorrow, should I wear comfortable shoes? Should I bring a change of underwear? No clue, I'm excited though.  My sister/MOH isn't coming, she has morning sickness all day and night and has been feeling awful. 

Sunday we have a friend's BBQ, so I'm looking forward to that. I plan to just make a cold pasta salad of some sort.  Monday we don't have any plans really.  But it will be a nice long weekend though. Yay!!!

Anniversary

• Options

This afternoon i'm going for mani/pedi's with a couple co-workers as a treat after a hard week. Then I'm probably going to get my oil change done and I'm waaaaay behind on that.

Tomorrow H and & are going along with MIL to try and pick out a headstone for FIL. Then we have a couple's massage at noon. Probably hooking up with my dad, grandpa, aunt & uncle afterwards. They're all in town to help move my grandpa back to Oregon into a nursing home. He's been having some health issues and wants to be closer to family (i'm the only one in CO).

Sunday may be more time with my family. We don't really have plans.

Monday is ALL just H and me to ourselves. No idea what we're going to do yet, but we may head up to the mountains if the weather is nice.

@swazzle - Cute cut! I had no idea you were planning to chop it. You have a great face for short hair. I would look like a beach ball! And I agree with @BreMR...totally see the Jennifer Lawrence resemblance now!

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @peaseblossom55 - YAY for your bachelorette party! I hope you have an amazing time! I also hope you find out some details about what's planned so you're prepared! 

• Options
    I wish I wasn't at work this morning since all our systems are completely down! So pointless to be here right now! We have been married for 6 months btw lol. YAY!

Tonight H and I are having date night and going out to dinner at this really good BBQ restaurant and then going to see Neighbors at the movies. Hopefully afterwards it won't be too late so we can go for a walk in the park.

Saturday H is going to SC to help his uncle campaign for Probate Judge. I'm going to do some packing and bring a few things over to the house. Afterwards we are going to a graduation party for a little girl I babysat growing up and then we are going to a Memorial Day cookout over at the lake for the rest of the day.

Sunday there are two more grad parties we are going to. One is for a boy I babysat since he was in diapers and then we are going to our neighbor's kids grad parties afterwards.

Monday it may rain, but that morning we are doing a HERO WOD at CrossFit in honor of Mike Murphy. After that they are having a cookout. If it's nice out later maybe we will go to the pool. We shall see!
  • Options
    I'm off today, but It looks like I'm going to be spending ALL day at the mechanic shop because I don't have anybody where I could do a drop off/pick up.  Let's just say there was a little problem between my car's grill, a bird (RIP) and a highway.... I had to do a little clean up and tried to open my hood and the hood release cable snapped!  Every day I get off, I spend at the mechanics anymore... I give up!!

3 day weekend - no plans other than picking my bro up from the airport.

@swazzle - love the new hair!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Yay @swazzle! Welcome to the pixie club!

Today is for more cleaning and packing. Tomorrow is for moving. Sunday is for moving. Monday maybe is for moving? I hope not. I need to be at work running my system.

My grandpa died Wednesday morning. I found out last night. My parents are going to the viewing this weekend (there will be no service). My brother and I will not be going - he was in very poor health and we would rather remember him as he was, plus this is my only chance to move before my lease is up. I am "off", but I know I am where I need to be in my soul.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @KeptInStitches - I'm so, so sorry about your grandpa. Sending you big hugs <3

• Options
    @KeptInStitches, I'm so sorry about your grandpa. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Ahhhh I love love love your hair, @swazzle.  It gives me a happy.
    I'm working 7-12 today and mostly doing nothing this weekend.  There is a graduation party for DH's intern as a send-off for him starting grad school tomorrow, so we're going to that.  I think I'll just do some cleaning and Netflixing otherwise.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    I really want to go see X-Men this weekend. 

Anyone else a fan?

• Options

@Keptinstitches, so sorry to hear about your grandpa

So I just got a call from one of my bridesmaids, that now the bachelorette party is being moved to June 7th. 

Anniversary

• Options

@KeptInStitches I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa

@Swazzle love your hair! Ladies need to stop tempting me to go back to the pixie cut myself!

Tonight BF and I are having dinner with his parents and then going to see Xmen. Nothing planned for the rest of the weekend though, which is a nice change!

Enjoy your long weekend in the States...we had a holiday on Monday but I could use another one already!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @KeptInStitches, I am so sorry for your loss.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    Swazzle said:
    I really want to go see X-Men this weekend. 

Anyone else a fan?
    @Swazzle we went and saw it last night!! It was really good.
    Anniversary

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @severmilli12 - Good to know! I love all of the X-Men movies. 

• Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited May 2014
    @Swazzle theres an after credit scene like there is with all Marvel movies, but apparently this one is really important...especially if you or your H  are familiar with the comics...I'm not, so I had no idea what it even meant, but FI is a comic book nerd and was SO excited about it...
    Anniversary

• Options
    @Swazzle I'm looking forward to going tonight, I love Xmen @severmilli12 glad to hear it's good!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @KeptInStitches So sorry for your loss! I hope you and your family are doing ok. :(

• Options
    @KeptInStitches - I'm so sorry.  :(
  • Options
    Either tonight or tomorrow morning I need to get my butt to Louis Vuitton to pick up my brother's bday present.  I'm getting him a passport cover/travel case since he loves to travel.

I'm trying to convince DH to let me get a second cat, so we might be going to the shelter tonight to look at furries.  At some point this weekend, I'll also volunteer at the animal shelter.

DH, my brother, his BF, and I are going to Six Flags at some point this weekend, and we've got reservations at the Aviary (a super swanky cocktail lounge) on Sunday night.  My brother's bday is on Monday.

So, I've got some plans, some of which need to be ironed out.  All in all, should be a fun weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards