Wedding Woes
Options

I bet y'all are not even around today

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited May 2014 in Wedding Woes
I'm here alll... day. 

There's a chance that DH will end up working uber late for the third Friday in a row.  :-/  I'm hoping not, because I want to get to Lowe's tonight to get stuff so we can get cracking on some projects first thing tomorrow. 

The kiddo's final choir concert was last night.  He said he's not doing choir again next year.  I can't say I'm crying over not sitting through another concert.  He did look so cute in the concert uniform.  ;)

Still impatiently waiting for DH to get an offer...At least I know he's feeling it just as much as me.  We've been staying up way too late this week.  Not normal for us at all, except for when we're in high anxiety/anticipation mode.  I just am praying we're not dissappointed. 

DefConn is obsessed with our storage unit.  My sitter had some cardboard boxes that she let the kids use for art projects and DefConn was telling all the kids that the boxes needed to go to storage.  

Re: I bet y'all are not even around today

• Options
    I'm here for at least part of the day.  I need to run to Target during the day because we have the visitation and ball game tonight.
  • Options
    I'm here until 2 p.m., when my office closes early for Memorial Day (yay!!! I've spent most of my career working in journalism, where people don't get off for national holidays, so closing early and then having Monday off is like Christmas in May for me).

After my office closes, though, I have the unenviable joy of going to deal with voter services to change my voter ID card from my maiden name to my married name. I could do motor voter, because PA allows that, but PennDOT thinks I should be First Middle Married and I want to be First Maiden Married (which is what my social security card says).

A bureaucratic office on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Should be thrilling.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I'll be here for most of the day. Since it's WFH today too, it'll be kinda fluid.

I'm hoping it'll be super quiet with office stuff. I've got several projects that need a sizeable amount of thinktime. Somewhere in there, I need to water plants outside since our biiiiig hail producing thunderstorms contributed absolutely NO WATER.

Past that, going to hang with my BFF tonight and her new apartment. Tacos and cerveza :D. And I'll be another person darkening the doorstep of the local big box hardware store :). I'll also pick up paint and such for painting this weekend.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My effing HOA LOST my payment for 2014.  I didn't know this until I got a letter from their attorney, demanding payment + fees.    Now I have to jump through hoops and send all sorts of stuff to them to prove that I paid the payment they lost.  

Jerks. 
  • Options
    emmyg65emmyg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm also here till 5, trying to keep my eyes open and hoping my boss lets us out early. This first trimester is a real bear!
  • Options
    Husband got a promotion! He's now salaried -- they took his salary from last year, added in his overtime, then added 20% to that. He got an 11% raise last year too and will get an additional raise in September, so now he's finally making (significantly) more than me! Yay!

We're getting our new dog this afternoon, so we're now up to four dogs :x.

Tomorrow, the in-laws are coming to Nashville to celebrate a late Mother's Day because I was sick on Mother's Day, so we couldn't go up to Clarksville to see them. Afterwards, husband is having nerd day with his nerd friends, so I'll have three guys over playing D&D and Magic: The Gathering.

On Sunday, I've requested that we watch all of the Back to the Future movies, so that's probably all we're gonna do with our time. I'm off on Monday, but husband is working for a few hours. He gets to work from home though, so I get to spend a bunch of time with him :D!

• Options
    YAY Juche!!  Congrats to Mr. Juche!

Are you getting another corgi? 
  • Options
    YAY Juche!!  Congrats to Mr. Juche!

Are you getting another corgi? 
    Nope, we had a stray chow chow who was wandering our street, and someone called animal control on him, so we decided that we'd go to animal control and adopt him because he was always friendly to us. So husband is picking him up after work this afternoon (lucky bastard gets off at 1) then we'll go up to TSC this evening to get some dog stuff for him and PetSmart to get a tag for him. His name is Bruno Sardine.

• Options
    Yay Mr Juche and to the newest addition to the Juche family! I'm glad he's got a place of his own now. Have all your fur babies been acquainted with each other yet?
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Bruno Sardine!?  Love.

I am thinking I'll be done here at 2pm, because I'll hit my 40 hrs at that point.  And I'll be lucky if I can stand to stay *that* late.  I'm annoyed today. 

I'm finally compiling a bill that I've avoided for a month.  And now I am reassured as to why.  *sigh*  EXPENSIVE.  :-/
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm here all day.  They usually let us leave early before holidays, but we've been so busy lately I'll be surprised if that happens.
    I'll be spending the day trying not to overreact to petty work stuff.  I usually get this way by the end of the week.  You know, where you just can't take the BS anymore and want to bite everyone's head off.  I will not let them get the better of me today.  
    Our weekend plans are fairly loose.  We have things we want to do, but don't have a schedule that we're sticking to.  I know I need to start packing/organizing stuff for my vacation.  DD, my mom and I are leaving for Myrtle Beach next Saturday. WOOOHOOO!  I am in desperate need of a beach vacation!  :)
  • Options
    I'm here too. Tired, but here.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I spent the morning in grocery stores.  $135 later I had to duct tape my freezer shut. I'm still amazed at the food we go through...and it's just starting.

• Options
    Yay Mr Juche and to the newest addition to the Juche family! I'm glad he's got a place of his own now. Have all your fur babies been acquainted with each other yet?
    Aw man, husband just texted to say that he talked to MACC and they said that Bruno Sardine is the most food aggressive dog that they've ever had, so they're sending him to a special rescue instead of releasing him to the general public. Sad day :<.

• Options

Aw man, husband just texted to say that he talked to MACC and they said that Bruno Sardine is the most food aggressive dog that they've ever had, so they're sending him to a special rescue instead of releasing him to the general public. Sad day :<.

Awwww, I'm sorry :(...hopefully the special rescue can work out that food aggression and find just the right place for him in time.

• Options
    Now we're cruising Petfinder for another dog.

I think we have a problem.

• Options
    Checking in! One more that's hanging around today.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm here until 2 p.m., when my office closes early for Memorial Day (yay!!! I've spent most of my career working in journalism, where people don't get off for national holidays, so closing early and then having Monday off is like Christmas in May for me).

After my office closes, though, I have the unenviable joy of going to deal with voter services to change my voter ID card from my maiden name to my married name. I could do motor voter, because PA allows that, but PennDOT thinks I should be First Middle Married and I want to be First Maiden Married (which is what my social security card says).

A bureaucratic office on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Should be thrilling.
    I changed mine to First Maiden Married when I lived in PA and didn't have any issues with PennDOT once the Social Security card changed (which was a hassle on it's own) - why won't they let you have the name listed on your SS card? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards