Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Homemade dress

My mom has made every dress I have worn to an event, all my prom dresses etc.

I was all for her making my wedding dress until I tried on a few and felt so good in the corset lining and beaded detail. I have always wanted to buy a fancy dress. However my mom told me "it really hurts my feelings you don't want me to make your dress, but it's your wedding." I love my mom and the dress would be beautiful I'm sure. I just don't want to deal with the process. I feel as though I'm being selfish by not wanting her to make it and she's not willing to talk about it much with out getting upset. Should I just suck it up and let her make it or live my dream and buy a fancy dress?

Re: Homemade dress

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    You need to be honest with your Mother.  "Mom, I love you, and I've been happy with every dress you have made for me, but for my wedding dress, I would really like to buy the one I saw at the shop.  When you say this makes you sad, I feel bad about it.  Please don't make me feel bad about my wedding day."

Ask Mom if she can make your veil.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I agree with @CMGragain‌, find some other way to integrate your moms design skills. I think the veil is a good idea
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards