Wisconsin

Wisconsin Reception Idea

Hey everyone,
I'm new to the site me and my FI just got engaged last week but I was wondering if there are any Wisconsinites out there that have been to a reception at Capital Brewery in Middleton or have had their own reception there. I was wondering what you thought about it and if you had any tips about your experience. Thanks!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wisconsin Reception Idea

• msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement!  And welcome to the Wisconsin board!  (Be sure to check out your month board as well)

I have never been, but I love the idea!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Pod0512Pod0512 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only been there for a tour so I'm really of no help. I have seen pics of someone's wedding there and they looked nice.

We looked into having the wedding there, but the timing just didn't work out for what we wanted.  It would have had to have been too early in the spring for an outdoor wedding, and we didn't want to push it back until fall since I'm pretty sure you can't do a Saturday in the summer when the Beer Garden is open.
    PitaPata Dog tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_wisconsin-reception-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:736f996e-2ddf-45d4-9cee-5f7811ed8a4ePost:b2bff705-dd1b-4480-b3fc-1c49f324f059">Re: Wisconsin Reception Idea</a>:
    [QUOTE]... I'm pretty sure you can't do a Saturday in the summer when the Beer Garden is open.
    Posted by Pod0512[/QUOTE]

Not sure what day you are getting married, but Friday nights may not work either. I'm not familiar with this place specifically, but we looked into Lakefront Brewery for our Friday wedding this coming November and they told us they don't host events on Fridays because of the fish fry.
    November 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Me & FI

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    If you can make it work with the details (day/time/weather etc) I think that it'd be a fantastic place!!! Its such a fun place in summer and I think it'd be a great reception venue.  I hope it works!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards