Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Website for your wedding guests

Hi there! Wondering if anyone used a website to post all their wedding details and room block info for their guests to access? Even considering no invites and just use the wedding website. If anyone did - what website did you use to create your web page?

Re: Website for your wedding guests

• Options
    myriah505myriah505 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2014
    I used theknot for our website. You get a free one if you don't mind using their URL (theknot.com/YourName)  But it's only $20 to register your own custom URL for 1 year. I think it's a great resource for our guests, especially because it's a destination wedding. 

I would not recommend using the website in lieu of traditional invitations, though. It's still a formal event and therefore deserves a certain level of formality for the invites. Birthday parties and "Girl's Night" type events get digital invitations, weddings are on a different level of importance. I would hope you would agree. 
  • Options
    tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ditto PP. Do not replace your formal invites with a website. Our website has the event info, hotel room block info, etc. Not a lot there but enough that if the tech savvy friends of ours decide to use it, it will provide basic useful information. If you are having a wedding with mostly OOT guests I think it can be a really great tool for you and your guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We used my wedding.com, they have a vegas themed one. We sent out invites with the date, time and website. Website had all the events and hotel info as we'll as our favorite vegas things to do. We also used the RSVP thru the website and that worked great!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    we used weddingwire.com, we have wedding details, a place to look up flights and registry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are using appycouple. THere is a small cost, around $25. It gives you a website, an app for your guests and you can also photo share using it. Any guests who take photos at the wedding can upload them into the app. You can also change your design at any time and it changes the website and app. I love it so far. It is also able to manage RSVPs and email guests if you need to send any last minute details.
  • Options
    We used The Knot's website option and paid for the personalized URL. We just have basic information on it like hotel and travel information and are using traditional invitations and save the dates. It worked for us and was really simple to setup, but @rosebubbly your option sounds great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JixxtJixxt member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I used wordpress and replaced our formal invites. We did do save the dates though, then found that the website was a huge hit, so ditched invites. Wordpress is the best I think because people can subscribe to your updates and you can use a free theme! Buy a domain through Wordpress too, and the site can end up looking pro. We had great feedback! Wordpress! Do itttt ;)
  • Options
    Were doing save the dates. There will only be a wedding party of around 15 in total coming to Las Vegas with us and we see everybody regularly so I think for us save the date magnets with a link to our wedding website is perfect. We are also using Wordpress and although we haven't officially released the website it seems pretty good so far! 
  • Options
    awesome help everyone - I really appreciate it. I'm excited to setup a website and yes I will still go forward with planning to do formal invites. Thanks gals!
  • Options
    Weebly.com was great!!! I loved using it! 

If you want to see mine I can send you the link.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    trm358trm358 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    I'm using WeddingWire! It's free and I like that the format allows for more custom information as opposed to the Knot's website maker. I can't wait to include it on our Save The Dates!
  • Options
    I used the knot's, and I sent paper save-the-dates and invitations, but no response cards - all responses had to be done on the site. It's been so helpful to automatically track and sort, especially if you need to keep track of plated dinner preferences. I used mine to see who was going to take the bus we're offering and who's driving themselves.
  • Options
    We had a website made (my brother in law is a web developer so did it for us), but sent out paper invites as well with the basic info on it and directing people to the website for more info.
    I agree that it's easier to keep track of dietary requirements, plus we wanted RSVPs for our pre and post wedding events, so got them to do that as well.
    Still over a month to go to our deadline, and I want people to reply quicker!! I'm so impatient!
  • Options
    nyvegaslovenyvegaslove member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    @kikimairi‌ - could you please send me the link to your site you created. Thank you so much
  • Options
    @myriah505‌ - I checked out your website- you did a super job! Congrats and thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    TxlushTxlush member
    First Comment
    edited June 2014
    We used wix.com. Kinda expensive but paid not to have ads. Needed to fit a lot of info I wouldn't have been able to get on invites. http://www.tylerandtaly.com
  • Options
    We used weddingwire, I liked the designs better than the knot's and the different pages were great.  We put hotel recommendations, ceremony and reception information, and shuttle information on it, along with the full menu so guests could know "steak" was a 10 oz NY strip with mustard sauce, etc when they chose their meal.

I'm a fan of traditional invites and rsvps, but it depends on your crowd and how formal your event is.  The formality of an invitation is what indicates the formality of the event, so if everything was online I'd assume your wedding was very casual.  If it is, and your crowd is younger/tech-savvy that may be a good choice for you.
  • Options
    KikiMira said:
    Weebly.com was great!!! I loved using it! 

If you want to see mine I can send you the link.
    Ditto that. Weebly was really easy to use, and I loved the layout. I was able to customize quite a bit.
  • Options
    171014171014 member
    First Comment Name Dropper
    Some great sites here everyone. Thanks so much for sharing! We finally got our up this weekend. Did a private site on appycouple. People are loving the phone app and it is so easy to use to edit and tons of widgets to add lots of info especially for a destination wedding. Best money we've spent so far! Definitely worth it at $35.
  • Options
    Does appycouple allow for e-RSVP to multiple events?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    171014171014 member
    First Comment Name Dropper
    @hmgiffor‌ - yes! We have ceremony, reception, bachelor and bachelorette all listed separate. And you dont have to share all events with all guests, i.e. rehearsal only for bridal party, etc. So the event is only shown to the guests you want to show to. Great widgets to add all kinds of info
  • Options
    Omg @KikiMira‌ just checked out your website! Did you end up with any crashers?!
  • Options
    Rosebubbly Haha nope... The ones who threatened to crash ended up unfriending the group of friends.... Which we lucked out on. But they threatened to crash our wedding and make it a nightmare up until the Jan 2014. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my lord! That is nuts!
  • Options
    Yep, what the real issue was, is that I did not invite said crasher (even though he was a bf of a good friend) because he was a dick to me, like huge douche. For instance when he heard I was getting married his response was "how many hours on her knee's did that take... cause you know that's all the ugly bitch has going for her". After saying shit like this about me and too me on numerous occasions, he was offended I didn't invite him *shrugs* She brought her new bf down and I love him, he is fantastic. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Who says that to people?!? I have had issues with the BM making stupid comments but there is no chance in hell that my fiancé would not include him in the wedding. Instead, I will just put a babysitter on him to make sure he doesn't mess anything up. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Seeing these websites is really helpful! Please continue to share links if you are comfortable doing so. I haven't made one yet, and already printed and sealed save-the-dates :-/
  • Options
    Here is ours: http://www.weddingwire.com/littletons. I am just filling in details on the website as we get it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love it @hmgiffor‌ ! Please give me your feedback on Palm Springs in December. We are considering it for our minimoon after pur wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards