Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Any place to register with in store pickup or will ship to PO Box?

We live in NYC and do not have a doorman/etc. to accept packages. They will be gone/stolen by the time we get home from work if left outside. We are new to the area so we don't have friends/family close by that we can have our registry gifts shipped to and it would be inappropriate for us to have them shipped to our offices. I have called a few places (BB&B, Williams Sonoma, ...) and they won't accept a PO Box as a delivery address. I'm out of ideas...anyone encountered this before and have a creative solution? I'm about to just ask for gift cards :(

Re: Any place to register with in store pickup or will ship to PO Box?

• Options
    manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    I believe Target and Macy's both will ship to a PO Box, so you should try to see if they will let you register with one. Either way, please do not ask for gift cards. That's the same as asking or registering for cash, very tacky. If all else fails, just don't register and most people will give you cash and you can go pick out your W&S and BB&B items post-wedding. Good luck!

ETA: Another thought. Do you have friends or family with a more secure residence that would let you register with their address? FI and I will be out of town the three weeks before our wedding, so we are just changing over the registry address to my mother's house to prevent boxes stacking up on our front porch.
  • Options
    vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    In this case, I would not register.  Most shipping companies will not leave boxes at multi-family dwellings without a signature. 

If you want to register:

1.  See if you can have the boxes shipped to a local UPS store.  They will sign for the box and then you go pick it up. UPS store will also sign for Fedex boxes. You can use their mailing address as your mailing address.  Give them a call.

2.  Make friends with a neighbor.

3.  Check with you place of employment.  My SIL was in a similar situation.  I suggested she ask her boss.  They allowed it as long as she did not open the boxes while working and they were not responsible for damage or theft of boxes left in the back room.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    Find your local UPS store and arrange to use that as your address- for a fee the store will hold onto your packages and you can pick them up.
  • Options
    I went to my local UPS store and purchased their smallest box for 6 months (can be extended). The UPS store address they give you is a suite number so it is like shipping to a office and they sign for any package from any carrier. I had a great experience with this and was able to make the UPS box address our default shipping address on the registries. The box has definitely paid for itself and I feel so much better that we had it. They were also able to hold all of our packages even when we were out of town for 3+ weeks for the wedding and honeymoon. I definitely recommend this option. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards