Chit Chat
Options

It all started with bacon jam

I was at a winery yesterday that gave you little bites with your wine tastes. . . . one was a crostini with bacon jam and a piece of hard parmesan style cheese on it.  That's when I fell in love.  DH did too.

Instead of working at the moment, I started searching for the bacon jam recipe. . . . I found it from Martha Stewart., but because I can't leave well enough alone I continued searching and found Closetcooking.com  I hope this isn't considered advertising, but I highly, HIGHLY recommend checking out this guy's page for some insanely delicious recipes. 

I have already gained about 20 pounds just reading some of his recipes and now want to make his bacon jam and avocado grilled cheese.  I'll drink the strawberry basil lemonade like it's my job (likely with gin in it) and the roasted asparagus and carmelized onion quesadilla. . . . please!!!!!!

I know my lovely knotties are often looking for tasty recipes. . . . so have at it!!!

Re: It all started with bacon jam

• Options
    kaos16 said:

I was at a winery yesterday that gave you little bites with your wine tastes. . . . one was a crostini with bacon jam and a piece of hard parmesan style cheese on it.  That's when I fell in love.  DH did too.

Instead of working at the moment, I started searching for the bacon jam recipe. . . . I found it from Martha Stewart., but because I can't leave well enough alone I continued searching and found Closetcooking.com  I hope this isn't considered advertising, but I highly, HIGHLY recommend checking out this guy's page for some insanely delicious recipes. 

I have already gained about 20 pounds just reading some of his recipes and now want to make his bacon jam and avocado grilled cheese.  I'll drink the strawberry basil lemonade like it's my job (likely with gin in it) and the roasted asparagus and carmelized onion quesadilla. . . . please!!!!!!

I know my lovely knotties are often looking for tasty recipes. . . . so have at it!!!

mmm a local upscale restaurnt's food truck serves this. It was delicious the one time I had it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I made Martha's bacon jam and gifted it to each family at Christmas two years ago along with a homemade beer bread mix. 

I was everyone's favorite person for the next year. 
  • Options
    I haven't tried bacon jam but it sounds like it will be the next experiment.  I have mastered a tomato/caramelized onion jam that everyone (even my stepson who hates onions) loves!  It is so good on burgers, chicken, plain crusty bread - YUM!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I used to follow Closet Cooking... but after trying a few recipes, I found they were vague/poorly written.  The food always looked/sounded delicious, but if the recipe isn't well written it's pretty much worthless.  It's been a few years, though, so maybe his recipe writing has improved.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards