Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Life-Size Cardboard Cutouts

I saw this idea on TV and absolutely love it! I think it's adorable. Two seperate cutouts, 1 of the bride & 1 of the groom in their wedding day attire for guests to take pictures with. I'm searching online and have found a few places I can order custom cardboard cutouts. I know it's going to be a bit pricey (around $100+/each), but I have time to research so I'm looking for the best deal.

Has anyone ever done this? If so, what vendor did you use?

Re: Life-Size Cardboard Cutouts

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Why would someone want a picture with a cutout when the live person is right there?  Strange.

Honestly, I think there are better ways to spend $200+.

This.  Sounds like such a waste of money.

• Options
    I am another who does not see why this is a good idea.  Why on Earth would I pose with a cardboard cutout of you?  If you can't take a couple of minutes to pose for pics with guests, cutouts are not going to make them happy.
  • Options
    Is there some reason you wont be around to pose with your guests...for free?
  • Options
    Maybe you can cut your faces out and then your guests can pretend to be the bride and groom! No...don't do that either.

• Options
    Would you both have to get completely dolled up weeks in advance of the wedding to have time to get them printed? That seems like a lot of extra effort.

Plus. I could only see that going in a completely inappropriate direction if we gave our friends access to a cardboard cut out to pose with as they saw fit.
    I'm starting to think we have very similar friends.
  • Options
    H wanted to do this, in the end we didn't die to time constraints and a case of the I don't give a fucks.

If you have the time and extra cash, I agree it can be cute, but I wouldn't stress over it in any way shape or form.

Anniversary
  • Options
  • Options
    I would major league side-eye you for AWing all over the place.

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    If I were one of your guests, I'd rather pose with you, not a cardboard cutout of you.
  • Options
    kar5109 said:

I saw this idea on TV and absolutely love it! I think it's adorable. Two seperate cutouts, 1 of the bride & 1 of the groom in their wedding day attire for guests to take pictures with. I'm searching online and have found a few places I can order custom cardboard cutouts. I know it's going to be a bit pricey (around $100+/each), but I have time to research so I'm looking for the best deal.

I suggest trimming your guest list down if you think you won't have enough time to pose for a photo with guests and need to have cardboard cutouts to fill in.
  • Options
    kar5109 said:

Or guests can just take pictures with the actual bride & groom...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WTF?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    MagicInk said:
    Would you both have to get completely dolled up weeks in advance of the wedding to have time to get them printed? That seems like a lot of extra effort.

Plus. I could only see that going in a completely inappropriate direction if we gave our friends access to a cardboard cut out to pose with as they saw fit.
    I'm starting to think we have very similar friends.

STUCK IN BOX, GAH!!

Same here...
  • Options
    kar5109kar5109 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Well then, didn't realize this was a bash fest. I will be around to take pictures with. That's not even an issue.... Just like photo booths, I've seen guests have a blast with this kind of thing and thought it was cute. I was just curious!!

FORGET IT :)

• Options
    kar5109 said:

Well then, didn't realize this was a bash fest. I will be around to take pictures with. That's not even an issue.... Just like photo booths, I've seen guests have a blast with this kind of thing and thought it was cute. I was just curious!!

FORGET IT :)

Aren't you glad to know people by and large think it's a dumb idea? It's nothing to get offended over... we all have bad ideas from time to time, especially with wedding blinders on. That's why we're here though, to keep you from embarrassing yourself because chances are, your guests would secretly find it as weird as we all did.

• Options
    kar5109kar5109 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Lol. Yup, SO glad. Thank you all for the sarcastic pompous replies and 'keeping me from embarrassing myself'. I'll keep all this under consideration.

• Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    You can't honestly think it's totally worth it to spend $200 on cardboard cutouts of yourselves for your guests to pose with when (hopefully) you're readily available. Let alone the fact that it's just plain weird, and like others have said, it also has the potential to go downhill rather quickly. I can't imagine how much fun all of my teenaged nephews would have with that.

If you can't handle a little sarcasm, I'm afraid the internet (or this forum) just might not be for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    KGold80 said:
    You can't honestly think it's totally worth it to spend $200 on cardboard cutouts of yourselves for your guests to pose with when (hopefully) you're readily available. Let alone the fact that it's just plain weird, and like others have said, it also has the potential to go downhill rather quickly. I can't imagine how much fun all of my teenaged nephews would have with that.

If you can't handle a little sarcasm, I'm afraid the internet (or this forum) just might not be for you.
    Yeah, make sure you don't have any sharpies readily available or your cardboard cut out may end up with a nice mustache.

• Options
    kar5109 said:

Lol. Yup, SO glad. Thank you all for the sarcastic pompous replies and 'keeping me from embarrassing myself'. I'll keep all this under consideration.

You know what? Just fucking do it, then, if you don't like the replies you got. Have your cardboard cutouts and have a jolly ass time.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    kar5109 said:

If you want people to agree with you, speak with the committee in your head. Don't ask strangers on the internet.
  • Options
    As a photo booth thing right? I saw this recently and thought it was cute. Could make for some funny pics!
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    kar5109 said:

Hey, if all you want is validation of your ideas, then don't ask anyone for their opinions.  If you ask for opinions, sorry, but people are going to give them to you whether you like them or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards