Moms and Maids

Bridesmaid Gifts

I am trying to think of something unique and different to give to my bridesmaids for gifts. I want to do all the same gifts just to make it fair. The thing is some of my girls don't carry purses or even wear makeup. So its hard to do the typical earrings necklace or wristlet. Please help.  

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts

• ScoutFScoutF member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Set a dollar amount and shop for each of them as if it were their birthday. Anything that you want them to use or wear for the wedding (particular jewelry or accessories)should not be their gift.
  • You could get them each a giftcard to their favorite store. That way they are getting the same gift (giftcard) but the giftcard is still personalized to their tastes. You could also pair something small with it for all the girls.

Are they sentimental? What about a picture frame for each of them (holding a pic of you with each girl)?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Shop for them individually rather than trying to give them all jewelry or accessories.  Some of them may not want to receive those things as gifts, and it really isn't appropriate to give them as gifts something you expect them to wear or use at your wedding.  The respective gifts don't all have to be the same, but they should be roughly the same in value.
  • Since they're not the same person, it's a little silly to get them all the same gift.  Buy something they each would like, but spend the same amount.
  • I agree with the same dollar amount, different gifts idea. I have been on the receiving end of gifts where everyone got the same monogrammed bag and jewelry and guess what, I never used any of them. When I was getting married I gave each girl a personalized gift - I actually spent hours in the mall buying a bunch of little items I knew each would like. My best friend even commented that it was the best gift I ever gave her and she felt it was "a collection of things she loved." In her case I gave her a set of lotion and body wash that I knew was her favorite scent, a book she had loved from high school but never owned as it was out of print, a cat themed picture frame since she loves cats and a bottle of her favorite brand of vanilla rum which is a very difficult brand to find. To me personalizing the gift shows you know the person well and that you took the time to show your appreciation for them.
    Anniversary
  • Yes, different gifts but roughly same dollar amount. Just because you are friends with all of them, doesn't mean they all like the same things

Two of my bridesmaids like wine, but the third doesn't really drink. I am getting the two that do drink a bottle of wine and some wine accessories, but I got the the other BM a wristlet and a mug. I did give a couple little things that are all the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards