Wedding Woes

Where do you buy tees and tanks?

I'm having a heck of a time finding some basic pieces and am afraid I'm going to have to spend some money.  I don't want to spend it if they won't last though.

Mainly I just want something thick enough I don't have to layer that will hold it's shape through a wash or 2 or 10.  I want to be able to wear one tank without the straps showing.  If it's 100 out I don't want to wear 2 shirts!

Re: Where do you buy tees and tanks?

• I love Old Navy ribbed tanks.  I wear one almost every day under my shirts and in the summer, I'll wear them double layered on their own.  They never stretch out and keep their shape really well.  And they're usually $7/piece if you buy more than one and I also look for them on clearance. 

Target's Merona collection has nice basic shirts and I also picked up some Eddie Bauer t-shirts at Sam's Club that have worked out well for summer.  
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I don't want to double layer shit though!
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I buy stuff from LL Bean when I can afford it.  More expensive, yes, but their stuff lasts and they guarantee it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You don't have to layer the ON tanks, I just prefer it.
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    I get tanks from Charlotte Russe. They are actually long enough to fit me. They are not the greatest quality but I view my tank tops are underclothes most of the time, and they need to be replaced often. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Do you have a Kmart near you?  (If not, you can order online) Surprisingly, I have found their Basic Edition tees and tanks are great. They hold up well and are super cheap.  I buy the plus-sized ones but would think the regular sizes would be similar.
  • I've bought a few Merona tees at Target, recently, and they seem to have held up well. They're a little more fitted/stretchy, but no issues after a few washes. They were something like $7-10 on sale. 

I also like the Rock and Republic tees from Kohl's. They're more lightweight/sheer, but they seem to hold up well, and have some cute designs. A little pricier - probably $20ish with discounts. 
  • emmyg65emmyg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I like the ON tamis (stupid name). They're the same as the ribbed tanks except ... not ribbed! I never layer because I'm a weirdo who hates layers. 
  • AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Kohl's, Penneys and Target.  I used to get a lot at Ann Taylor Loft, but they don't hold up as well as you might think.
  • I also like ON tanks, and can vouch that Target's Merona line is good. I'm wearing one of the Merona tanks today, actually (under a bolero, because it's raining in PA), but I frequently wear it solo.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • 6fsn6fsn member

Looks like I need to just hit Target. I have a $14 credit burning a hole in my redcard anyway;)

• Forever 21! I just stocked up on basics last week. $1.98 on a cami, pretty amazing!! All of their basics were crazzzy cheap and they always hold up for me.
  • 6fsn6fsn member

Does Forever21 work for people with boobs?  I'm certainly a far cry from 21.

I liked the weight of the Target tanks, but the straps were too small.  They juuuuuuust barely covered the bra strap.  I know I'd be fidgety.  I did get 3 tees.

• Considering my bra straps are an inch thick, I gave up on tanks ever covering, so I have no advice.

But I love Merona tees. I buy the straight sizes, too, since they go up to a generous XXL. I've only replaced them because I was wearing them every day and dribbled things all over my boobs. 
  • *Bump*

We just got our summer stuff out of the attic.  I got a few tanks and camis at the beginning of last summer from JCP.  They are a.n.a. brand.  I am very hard on my clothes and these are still in great shape.

The tank I am wearing today has straps wider than my Lane Bryant bra straps, so that's something.
  • 6fsn said:

Does Forever21 work for people with boobs?  I'm certainly a far cry from 21.

I liked the weight of the Target tanks, but the straps were too small.  They juuuuuuust barely covered the bra strap.  I know I'd be fidgety.  I did get 3 tees.

Ha, well they come in all sorts of sizes I guess. I have no boobs :*( so I'm not 100% if they work for busty boobies. 
  • I have a friend with boobs, lol that sounds weird, but I wasn't blessed up top. She said that Forever 21 recently came out with a plus size line that she can wear. I'm not sure what all they have, but I like their tanks.
  • 6fsn6fsn member

I bought a few tees from Target.  Right now I like them, but we'll see how they survive the summer.  I did not like the thickness of the tank straps so those were out.

I did order some tanks from Kohl's I saw them in store and like the strap width and the weight, but they didn't have my size.  For $6 I might just consider new ones every year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards