Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thought it wouldn't happen to me

I have read a few threads where people RSVPed and added additional guests that were not included on the invitation. Silly me I thought "that would never happen to me" since our RSVP website has all of the names entered in already and so you can only RSVP for people on the list. Well, somehow FI's cousin was able to get around the system and added a name to her RSVP. We had no idea who this person was so FI called his mom for info. Turns out this cousin does not want to sit in the car with her parents for an hour and a half by herself so she invited her BFF. The worst part is FMIL knew about it and never called FI to ask if it was ok. Thankfully we convinced FMIL that this is not ok, but FI is not happy about having to call his cousin to let her know that her BFF is not invited (he is kinda shy and does not like confrontation). Luckily we are only waiting on 10 more RSVPs so I don't think there will be any more issues, but come on people! If your name is not on the invite (or your invite does not include a plus one you) you cannot come.  

Re: Thought it wouldn't happen to me

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My partner doesn't like confrontation either, but given how sneaky his cousin was, it's clear that she knew this wasn't okay for her to do. Best of luck, and I hope that the remaining RSVPs are just for people who were invited!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Just want to wish you and your FI good luck!
  • Options
    My H is also non-confrontational. But when his friends added in their daughter to the RSVP, he made the call. If your FI is that uncomfortable, give him a script that he can basically read. I told H what to say, and he basically repeated it word for word to his friend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards