Chit Chat

Re: Because y'all need more mason jars

• Oh Lord no.  The jars!  The mustaches!  Nooooooo......
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• When did moustaches become A Thing? And when will they stop being A Thing?
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • because nothing says hipster like mason jars and mustaches. I could go for a slurpee though.
  • FI shared a story about the same thing this morning! He asked if it meant his mustache was finally trendy.

Nope.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    I don't get the mustache thing at all. I saw it on Four Weddings and now it's everywhere.
  • There is a girl who carries a mason jar as her water bottle at school. It seems impractical 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I have a feeling now that everything is all mustaches and mason jars it will soon be too "mainstream" for hipsters. Next they will have to make mustache shaped mason jars just to be ahead of the curve
  • edited May 2014
    There is a girl who carries a mason jar as her water bottle at school. It seems impractical 

SIB

I agree, because my water bottle would be broken 85 times by now.

Also, I don't get how mustaches are *still* popular.  They were getting big when I joined Pinterest ages ago (when you had to get an invite for that crap) and now they're all my Kindergarteners can talk about (which means they should be on they're way OUT, if not gone already).

ETA a word
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My XH's wife literally has that stupid mustache tattoo on her finger - you know, the one where you can hold your finger over your upper lip so it looks like you have a stupid mustache?

Ugh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My XH's wife literally has that stupid mustache tattoo on her finger - you know, the one where you can hold your finger over your upper lip so it looks like you have a stupid mustache?

Ugh.
    Uhm...what? I had a friend who had those as favours for her wedding, but they were the kind of temporary tattoo that you lick-and-stick (ew, gross, not happening), or moisten with water and slap on yourself. I took it home and gave it to my nephew, who thought it was hiLARious.

I can't even imagine having that tattooed on you forever. Like, what the actual fuck?
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    My XH's wife literally has that stupid mustache tattoo on her finger - you know, the one where you can hold your finger over your upper lip so it looks like you have a stupid mustache?

Ugh.

SITB

That's ALMOST as bad as my brother having a ball and chain tattooed on his finger in lieu of a wedding band. Almost. Why do people do that crap? Why!?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I LOATHE mustaches. They are super creepy to me.

Now beards, OTOH, are sexy as hell.

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Beards ARE sexy! 
  • Beards are very sexy

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to tell mustache-loving hipsters that if my father has one, then it ain't hip. He has had it since oh, 1970 or so? It's some Burt Reynolds realness, and he makes it work, but it is really not hip or cool.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I want to tell mustache-loving hipsters that if my father has one, then it ain't hip. He has had it since oh, 1970 or so? It's some Burt Reynolds realness, and he makes it work, but it is really not hip or cool.
    Absolutely agree- same exact with my Dad.  I love him to pieces, but he's had that thing since the 70's as well, so it's definitely not "cool."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Ugh.
  • Saw this at Petsmart last night. Even the dogs can be hipster chic!

I don't get the mustache thing at all. I saw it on Four Weddings and now it's everywhere.
    I said the same thing on Facebook. I posted how I just don't "get" the mustache trend and about 100 people liked it and said they agreed. Pretty much everyone on my friends list, except for the one hipster girl who had the Pinterest explosion mason jar wedding.

• Omg! FI and I bumped into our friend and her bf at 711 (we were on our way to a bbq at her parents) and they were about to buy those stupid mustache things. He chose the black one and she chose the 2nd brown one. I told her it looked like a piece of poop. Something my cats would poop out. She went and changed it for the black one lol.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards