Wisconsin
Options

Plus-Size Wedding Dress

I am wanting a dress outside of Davids Bridal, and am having a hard time find stores that carry plus size gowns to try on...any suggestions or any places you know of that carries some?

Re: Plus-Size Wedding Dress

• Options
    edited December 2011

I believe that Evas Bridal in Oak Creek and Amelishan Bridal have plus size samples to try on. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Edith's in Fond du Lac has plus sized dresses to try on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    wwest21wwest21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
  • Options
    KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you located? If you look on craigslist, there is a lady that had a few ads on there about her shop in her home that is located in Deerbrook WI, its just a little north of Antigo.  She has a TON of dresses for super cheap, and she had a lot of plus sized ones as well! There was a brand new Alfred Angelo one that I loved in a size 24!  She has a website : designerbridaldiscounts.com i think
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    G*LovelyG*Lovely member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure where you are located, but I was a plus-size bride and had an amazing experience at Vera's House of Bridals in Madison.  They have gowns to try on and the experience is sort of like the show, Say Yes to the Dress.  They don't have many gowns on the floor, but they have 3 floors worth in the back and they work with you to get an idea of what you are looking for and then bring the dresses to you.  They are good.  "My" dress ended up being the second dress she brought in.
  • Options
    wwest21wwest21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am located in Waukesha, and I just saw an ad for Vera's in a Wedding planner and guide book and was wondering if they have plus size gowns. I am definitely going to look into that place. Are they reasonably priced?

And thank you Katie for the suggestion I will have to look at the website.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure where you're located, but I am a plus size bride as well and i found my dress at Brides n Belles in Reedsburg, WI (about a 70 minute drive from madison).  They have a great selection of plus size dresss to try on. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually went to the woman in Deerbrook and bought the Alfred Angelo dress that she had.  It was a great experience!!  She is very nice, and has a nice selection of plus-sized gowns.  No pressure, just a very nice lady and the drive wasn't too bad from Milwaukee area.  Totally worth the drive!  Beautiful dress at an amazing price!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stupid question that I don't mean to be offensive:  What is considered "Plus-Size" in wedding world?  I'm currently a 14 in pants, so I'm sort of in the grey-area, maybe?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards