Chit Chat

Thank you note wording

So I'm hand writing my thank you notes to my guests that came to the wedding. I have a quick question about wording when a guest has put money in a card that was given to us at the wedding. Now with birthdays as a kid we would usually say something to the effect of "thank you for the spending money" or some such thing. How do I word this for wedding money? Do I just thank them for joining in our special day?
Anniversary

Re: Thank you note wording

• Thank you for your gift. We plan to use the money towards a down payment on a house this fall, or towards a delayed honeymoon, or add to our savings for a new sofa, or however you plan to use the money.
  • That sounds way better.  Thank you ladies!!
    Anniversary
  • Yeah. Don't be my husband lol.

Anniversary
  • I try to personalize it a little, write a little blurb, and tie the gift into something we will use it towards "Thank you so much for coming to our wedding, we were delighted to share our special day with you! It really ended up being a perfect day, despite the rain. Thank you also for your generous gift, it is very much appreciated. We used it on our honeymoon to go towards a playoffs game between the Red Sox and the Rays and ---the Sox won and went off to the World Series!" or 'We are putting it towards our home" .... I just kind of thought of something we used it towards on our honeymoon that was of similar value and told people about the experience.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • I just personalized it per person as needed. I thanked them for the gift, what we planned on using it for, and wishing them well, etc. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards