October 2015 Weddings

Nightmares have already begun!

Hey everyone! My wedding is booked for 10/30/15. Still so far away, but I've already been having consistent nightmares. Usually it's that nothing was planned properly or booked and we have to go through with the wedding anyway, in someone's house, in a church we didn't want, etc. I have no problem just going to city hall and signing papers, but if we're having a wedding, I want it to be how we want it.

Last night's nightmare: There weren't enough seats at the ceremony for guests or bridal party, bridesmaids didn't know the wedding date and didn't have their dresses. My hair wasn't done, Calla Lillies were $800+ per stem. I had a dress I hated but since I never went dress shopping, my mom handed me the first white thing she found. And I couldn't find my fiance anywhere. 

These nightmares are usually super detailed and long, and if I wake up from them, I got right back into them when I fall asleep, or if I tell myself I'm dreaming, the frustration just gets worse.

I know there's still a year and a half til the wedding but I guess I'm so nervous about not getting everything done in time. I'm also planning from about 500 miles away, so meeting with vendors is already stressful.

/rant, thanks or listening guys.

Re: Nightmares have already begun!

• We're also planning for October 2015. I've had the nightmares where its my wedding day and I don't have enough time for hair and make up. So I get married in this beautiful dress but had bed head and yesterdays eyeliner smeared on my face. Or I literally just can't get there and someone else steps in for me (its usually my mother) and marries my FI for me. The other night I laid in bed for 3 hours going over centerpieces. I don't even have a venue yet! Here's to a year and a half of restless sleep for us!
  • Totally normal, don't worry! I'm also getting married in October 2015 and having nightmares, despite the fact that I have plenty of stuff taken care of already.

One of my latest nightmares was finalizing and paying for the full reception, everything was perfect. But then after the ceremony, my parents decided it would be "more fun" to do a reception at their house. We had all the guests drive an hour away from the reception back to my parents' house and found a messy house, lack of food, and about 30 beers for 200 people to drink. It was a nightmare and all I kept thinking about was the gorgeous set-up at the reception venue with plenty of food and drinks waiting for everyone (not to mention all our money being wasted).

In the end, all these nightmares mean is that you're VERY excited for your day to arrive and also very anxious. Usually the two feelings go hand-in-hand especially for a really big important event such as your wedding. Don't fret, it's totally normal. Good luck with your planning!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @brideloveshergroom It's becoming almost an every night thing for me lately! Most mornings it takes a few minutes for me to figure out if it was only a dream or if it really happened. The other night, my gorgeous white gold ring faded and became a brown and green ring without the center diamond. The first thing I did in the morning was look at my hand and sigh with relief because it was back to normal.
  • so i read this post a week or two ago and hadnt really had any nightmares yet... but the past few nights ive been having dreams, i dont know id go fully calling them nightmares, but dreams of wedding things gone wrong.

A few nights ago it was that one of my bridesmaids just decided to tell me super nonchalantly that she could no longer make the wedding.  Like nothing at all was wrong with that.

Last night i dreamed that the two dresses i am currently in love with and trying to find in a sample size closer to my size to try on, ceased to exist completely.  I went to like 3 stores in the dreams and no one had any recollection of the dresses ever existing, even the stores i had already tried them on in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards