September 2014 Weddings
Options

Am I the only one...

who isn't even remotely thrilled with the whole wedding planning?

I keep waiting to be excited/obsessed/something about...pretty much anything wedding related. And its not happening. 

Our venue is beautiful, my dress is awesome, the food is amazing, our photographer is fantastic...but thinking about it all is giving me panic attacks.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Am I the only one...

• Options

It's ok. I had that excited/ obsessed feeling for the first 2 months. Then the next few months I had that totally bored feeling like "everything is booked, now what the hell do I do". And now 3 months to go and I'm at the stage where I don't give a shit about the wedding at all. I thought I'd be more excited as time got closer but I'm getting less excited. I just want to be married already and I'm second guessing why I even felt the need for this big party because it really is just one day that doesn't really matter that much in grand scheme of life.

So I think your feelings are normal. Just don't be stressed and get panic attacks because it's just a day, and at the end of you'll be married and that's all that matters. It doesn't matter if someone trips or you get food on your dress or your dad gets drunk or whatever else. Gotta just say screw it and smile and have fun!

• Options
    MW5280MW5280 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    jenna8984 said:

It's ok. I had that excited/ obsessed feeling for the first 2 months. Then the next few months I had that totally bored feeling like "everything is booked, now what the hell do I do". And now 3 months to go and I'm at the stage where I don't give a shit about the wedding at all. I thought I'd be more excited as time got closer but I'm getting less excited. I just want to be married already and I'm second guessing why I even felt the need for this big party because it really is just one day that doesn't really matter that much in grand scheme of life.

So I think your feelings are normal. Just don't be stressed and get panic attacks because it's just a day, and at the end of you'll be married and that's all that matters. It doesn't matter if someone trips or you get food on your dress or your dad gets drunk or whatever else. Gotta just say screw it and smile and have fun!

Yes! I really just feel like so much doesn't matter! I just want us to be married by the time the day is over...so why spend so much time worrying about all kinds of crap that no one will care about?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:

This, so much this!!! Super excited at first and got the venue booked and dress purchased! Then a whole of nothing but twiddling my thumbs. And now, I just want to be married. My mom eloped and really wanted her only daughter (me, of course) to have a 'proper' wedding. I wish I could take the money she gave us and do something really useful with it instead of a one day celebration. Oh, well. I'm sure when September 6th roles around I'll be excited again. Till then, who cares about the centerpieces or the table numbers or the flowers or my hair? Not me, lol. Now the cake, the cake I'm looking forward to... Once we book it, that is ;-)
  • Options
    MW5280MW5280 member
    I will admit that I got excited when I got the invites in the mail today! 

Oh, and we're doing some cake/dessert bar tasting on Sunday.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    People keep asking how the wedding plans are going.  I'm like everything is done.  They are usually shocked at that response.  I'm a planner, when I have a task, I tackle it & complete it.  I will admit I'm a little nervous about finishing the little details... favors, table numbers, but I have all summer to do it.. I'm a teacher.  I was thinking about the task of doing my favors this summer & I'm like... ugh, I really don't want to do them.  I'm so glad I didn't decide to go more DIY, but then again, I know myself, I'm not overly crafty.  More credit to the brides who are doing a lot of DIY.  I'm waiting on my dress to come in, so I can try it on with my mom's veil & see which of the jewelry pieces a friend lent me that I might want to wear.  Hopefully that will restore some excitement.  People keep saying, you must be so excited.. and I'm like yeah!  But it is sort of a forced response.  Sure I'm excited, I'm marrying my FI, but I'm really just ready for it to be here & for us to be married.  Glad to know I'm not alone.
  • Options

@hh2be You could always ditch the favors. I had this plan in my mind of making individual popcorn baggies and then I thought about it and was like is it worth my time to do that? Will people even notice? Yea they might think it's cool, but they wouldn't notice if it's NOT there lol. So I scrapped it.

• Options
    You are not the only one! I initially did not want a big wedding...I was cool with going to city hall and saving the money for a badass vacation! But FH and his family wanted a celebration. I was resistant at first but found myself excited the first couple of months...now I am ready for the day to come and be done with it! I kind of feel guilty when people ask me about the wedding planning and I have to force myself to sound enthused lol. Everything is pretty much together, but I don't have that excitement as others feel I should. But like everyone else said, at the end of the day all that matters is that you are married. But this will be the only wedding I ever plan cause never again!  :-p.
  • Options
    MW5280MW5280 member
    MsNise812 said:
    You are not the only one! I initially did not want a big wedding...I was cool with going to city hall and saving the money for a badass vacation! But FH and his family wanted a celebration. I was resistant at first but found myself excited the first couple of months...now I am ready for the day to come and be done with it! I kind of feel guilty when people ask me about the wedding planning and I have to force myself to sound enthused lol. Everything is pretty much together, but I don't have that excitement as others feel I should. But like everyone else said, at the end of the day all that matters is that you are married. But this will be the only wedding I ever plan cause never again!  :-p.

SITB
    Right?? I was excited...and now I just want to breathe into a paper bag every time someone asks about different things. And I feel like it shouldn't be like this...like, its supposed to be super fun. 

(Though, I can totally admit that dessert tasting was fun on Sunday.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@HH2Be. I am in the same boat. Overly organized - most things are done or out of my control until the set date. The invites are done (.and mailing out today. I already have 8 confirms/decline)

I have my dress and have my first fitting tomorrow Girls dresses are in. Hair/Makeup - done and timeframe figured out. Bands - next Friday scheduled meeting with jeweller (he takes two - 3 weeks to make them). cake/cupcakes - mostly done as I have to wait for final numbers. catering - mostly done but have taste testing next .month for final decision. Flowers - done. Photographer - ready to go. video - ready to go. DJ - meeting today

Please stick a fork in me.

• Options
    @heatheremanderson Why are your invites going out so early? For an early Sept wedding there's another month and late Sept wedding is more like 2 months. Your fitting also seems a month early. Just wondering!

• Options
    HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Ok, maybe a little excitement is filtering back.  My wedding dress is in!  Going to try it on this Thursday.  Not a fitting, just trying it on with my shoes & other accessories.  I can't wait to see it again, see it on me that I'm a few pounds lighter & have a little tan going on... I first found it in November, can we say pale fall/winter skin?  We also got a huge list of questions from our officiant to answer.  
  • Options
    the invites went out early as I have my final detail meeting late july where they want final numbers. This way - if i need to chase people I have lots of time. most of the people invited formally already knew and had preapproved rsvp anyways. The fitting is because a fair amount of work needs to be done.
  • Options
    @lolo883 @mw5289 @alikat9614
    Found our new planning guide!! 

• Options
    MW5280MW5280 member
    YES! So much yes!

It's possible that my face has resembled that for about...a month now.

To add to the part where the wedding is stressing me the crap out, my job has now been cut in half (I'm only half employed?). So...job searching!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:
    @lolo883 @mw5289 @alikat9614
    Found our new planning guide!! 
    That might need to be my new avatar.

• Options
    @lolo883 I tried to do it but I'm a tech fool so let's see if it worked....yours should ALWAYS be JLAW! lol 

• Options
    crap it worked but it's massive....how do I make smaller?! lol 

• Options
    sweet I figured it out- it was way bigger before hahah don't mind me :)

• Options
    I'm over wedding planning at this point.  Our officiant can no longer marry us so we are now searching for someone else. Not really what I wanted to be looking for less than 3 months out from the wedding :(
    Anniversary

• Options
    MW5280MW5280 member
    Oh no! That really sucks. Do you have any leads?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @MW52580 FI knew a couple people who might be able to do it. One we haven't had a chance to talk to because he is out of town on a business trip, one's sister just died and so she has been dealing with that, and the other guy hasn't gotten back with us yet. 

Our last option would be just hiring someone we don't know to do it but A) I'd rather have someone we know and B) we didn't budget money for an officiant (other than gift money) because my BIL was our original officiant and offered to do it for free. I've looked around a bit and officiants around here are at least $300.
    Anniversary

• Options
    @severmilli12 aw that stinks!! Can you have anyone in your state do it or do they have to be ordained? In my state anyone can do it, as long as we send the application to the governor's office with the $25 fee. Our old roommate is doing it....it's not that she's particularly special to us in any way, but she has done a wedding before and isn't shy about public speaking so we figured what the hell?! I had even considered my dad. 

• Options
    @jenna8984 we are considering having someone we are friends with become ordained and marry us if we can't find anyone.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards