Snarky Brides

Facebook made me throw up a little.....

As I was scrolling through my news feed, I came across this.... Over 500 likes, seriously? And out of all the comments only one said it was inappropriate. Ugh. No, just, no. I would hate this as both bride and bridesmaid! Stick with the golden rule of shopping for your girls like it's their birthday.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Facebook made me throw up a little.....

• No... no.  Just... no.  Heck, I'm not even having "getting ready" pics done at my wedding.  I don't have a photographer following me in the morning, so why in the hell would I want it at the biggest day of my life??
  • I also don't get the appeal.  Our photographer has all-day coverage so he said he could come as early as I liked for getting-ready pictures, but I don't want any of those "we're all in our robes getting our makeup done" shots.  Some pics of the dress and flowers before I get dressed, some pics of my mom or sister lacing up my dress-- sure.  Half-dressed with no makeup?  No thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• DH sees me with no make-up on and half-dressed every day or our married lives. He does not need photos to tell him I also looked like that the morning of our wedding. He knows.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • DH sees me with no make-up on and half-dressed every day or our married lives. He does not need photos to tell him I also looked like that the morning of our wedding. He knows.
  • We're doing them- but very simple things. Just finishing touches - lipstick, etc. I'd probably skip them but I have more time with the photographer than I need and I keep being told to do them.

Plus, from an incredibly selfish perspective - I'm not at all photogenic so the more chances for me to look ok, the better!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm having "getting ready" photos taken, tbh, because I want the big, crazy, excited mess to be captured just a little for the photo album.  We're not having pictures done by the photographer there, but I have 2 bridesmen that will be bored as hell while 6 girls get their hair & makeup done - I'll ask them to snap a few pictures, just for fun. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • I really don't think it is a big deal either way

Anniversary
  • We're doing "getting ready" photos too because we have 2 photographers for the whole day but it will be getting my hair/make-up done, lacing the dress, etc. Not my maids and I standing around half-dressed. I love my friends but I don't need half-naked pictures of them and my 19 year old sister in law. Lol

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• We're going to do getting ready pictures because I think they can be fun, if done right with the right group. My group, we'll have fun with it. But no matching anything. I don't get the point of that. 
  • I did some of the "getting ready" pictures, and personally loved it. I decided against robes, because honestly, not everyone wears robes. Instead, I bought everyone button downs and had them monogrammed with their initials. This was something that I knew my friends would like, and something I knew they would wear again. This was also a practical gift, since everyone got their hair and makeup done, a button down was almost necessary to make sure that the hair/make-up didn't get messed up. I personally thought the *few* pictures we took in the button downs were cute, but to each their own. [img]http://i61.tinypic.com/ipz1tz.jpg[/img]
  • I did some of the "getting ready" pictures, and personally loved it. I decided against robes, because honestly, not everyone wears robes. Instead, I bought everyone button downs and had them monogrammed with their initials. This was something that I knew my friends would like, and something I knew they would wear again. This was also a practical gift, since everyone got their hair and makeup done, a button down was almost necessary to make sure that the hair/make-up didn't get messed up. I personally thought the *few* pictures we took in the button downs were cute, but to each their own. [img]http://i61.tinypic.com/ipz1tz.jpg[/img]

See, those photos are cute. What I can't stand is the ones where people are walking around pants-less like you're about to have a pillow fight out of an 80s movie dream sequence. Lol

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• I personally love robes so I wouldn't completely mind, but I would NEVER do this for my bridesmaids! It's rude and not much of a gift at all. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I personally love robes so I wouldn't completely mind, but I would NEVER do this for my bridesmaids! It's rude and not much of a gift at all. 

Yeah, I'd be kind of weirded out if I received a robe or men's shirt as a bridesmaid gift... I'd never wear it again, maybe I'd make it into a throw pillow or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • ashleyepashleyep member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited June 2014
    I don't know, I wouldn't be bothered by a robe as a gift (one of my bridesmaids suggested we get matching ones, funny enough). But not if it's the only gift. I'd like something picked out just for me as well.

I did robes, they're not monogrammed, and if they don't want to wear them, they don't have to. But it's something easy to get on and off for hair and makeup. And I also got them a piece of jewelry picked out for them (That they're not asked to wear for the wedding) and I think a gift card to their favorite store. And I'm paying for hair and makeup (which as a BM I'd rather get than anything else tbh).

Anniversary
  •     I personally would like a robe, I can use it after for putting on makeup before a show, so I wouldn't have posted any comments about it being a bad idea either. I think it's definitely a know  your crowd thing. 

I'm getting my attendants Disney passes (My sister and my niece). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards