Not Engaged Yet

CEREMONY AND RECEPTION at the church

How much do you think it would cost to have the ceremony AND the reception (in the church fellowship hall downstairs)?

Re: CEREMONY AND RECEPTION at the church

• Probably depends a lot on food and entertainment... It's probably different for every church, but my guess just for the rental fee would be about $400.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• really? Even if you are a member?
  • I thought maybe a donation? perhaps for the organist and I want thw choir, I like how they sing
  • It will depend on your area, call the church and fine out my fee for just the ceremony is $1000.

Anniversary

• Call your church!!!
  • Why would you ask this on the Not Engaged Yet board?

Just ask your church. Asking doesn't mean you have to use it.

My friends got married at their church that they donate VERY generously to every year and it was $700 for the ceremony and reception, it would've been more if they had used a different room for the reception.

• It varies so much depending on your church and your area. Where I live a ceremony at the church is around $500-1000, and most churches only offer the use of their reception hall to members. So the only way to get an accurate estimate for your church is to call and ask.

Also, if you're not engaged yet (maybe you are and this post is just on the wrong board), we discourage pre-planning your wedding, for a number of reasons, so just be prepared that other posters will probably tell you the same.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Call your church. And if $400 makes you balk for a wedding, you might want to think about how expensive marriage actually is. The tax benefits aren't that good...
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Like others have said, it varies church by church. 

For My brother's wedding - the ceremony alone:
    $700 non-members
    $300 members

I'm not sure if they would have rented the reception space how much addition that would have cost.

Anniversary
  • Make sure the church will do the type of reception you want. I recently went to one where the church didn't allow any dancing, drinking, or food, besides the cake. Having not known any of this ahead of time, as a guest, kinda put a damper on the whole wedding.
  • Call your church. And if $400 makes you balk for a wedding, you might want to think about how expensive marriage actually is. The tax benefits aren't that good...
    And sometimes you pay more! (We paid $600 more on our first married tax return than if we had filed single.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards