Wisconsin

Horrible Vendor Experience

Hi girls,
I know that I've relied on vendor recommendations on the knot the entire time I've been planning, so I wanted to share the horrible experience I had a few weeks ago.
I booked Blush by Brittany for on location makeup for myself and bridesmaids based off of other reviews I found. She was very nice during the process of booking my date but that changed when she came to my house to do my trial. She showed up with a horrible attitude and was extremely rude to myself and my mom. She slapped some makeup on my face (which she stored in plastic bags) in about 10 minutes and said she was done. I looked like I had two black eyes and a clown face. It was terrible. I tried to explain what kind of look I was going for and she stood in the corner with her arms crossed and just huffed and puffed at me. Finally I just said I liked one so she would leave. I have not had a bad experience with any vendor the whole time I've been planning. I was shocked at her unprofessionalism and technique and was so upset at that I was out a makeup person a few week before the wedding. When I emailed her to let her know I would no longer require her servcies she would not refund any of my deposit and was not very polite.
I've since booked another vendor and could not be happier with their services.
Just wanted to put out a warning to other brides so hopefully no one else has an experience like this right before their wedding. My advice, do no book Blush by Brittany.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Horrible Vendor Experience

• msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's sad you had to go through that!  Thanks for sharing!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011
    Yikes! Which vendor replaced her?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Oh man! Thanks for sharing that, I was considering her as an option. Who are you going with instead ?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Angie Goetter at B'Lovely instead. I was already planning on having her do my hair and when I went in for my trial she did a makeup trial for me as well, totally last minute which I really appreciated. She did an amazing job and I could not be happier with the hair and makeup. I'm much less stressed now that I have both those things taken care of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That really sucks. I have her booked for my wedding and she was very nice/patient with me for my trial. I booked my hair through her too. I am a bit disappointed with that b/c the girl that was supposed to do it (Amy) canceled on me this past weekend because her friend is getting married in FL on the same day as me. She has a replacement for me and I have a trial set up with her on the 19th. The replacement works at the same salon I already go to (Volume), so I'm sure everything will go fine. I am a bit irriated that I paid Amy for a trial & now she's not doing my wedding...waste of money really.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    That is really frustrating that you paid her for nothing really. I was going to use Amy for hair initially but I didn't feel comfortable because Brittany wouldnt give me any of her contact information or let me contact her directly. She said it all went throught her. She wouldnt even tell me what salon she worked it. After that was when I decided to go a different route for hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't see this review prior to booking my trial with Brittany. I had the exact same experience to a T! I am posting every where so no one else gets hoodwinked by her.
    Just a fool in love! 4/1/2012
  • In response to the review above:

Your mother loved your make-up and I never showed up with a bad attitude.  Each category of make-up is stored in a seperate clean plastic bag.  You gave me a photo of what you were looking for and I did exactly that.  When I asked you what I could change you couldn't tell me one thing that you wanted different.  If you can't tell me what to change or something different to do then what else am I supposed to do for you?   Also it states in the signed contract that the deposit is non-refundable.  That is standard for any wedding vendor.  All I am doing is stating facts.  I don't appreciate using comments such as "slapped make-up on my face" and I have a right to defend my business.  There is a reason why in the last 6 years of doing make-up that I have hundreds of happy brides and bridesmaids. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards