Wedding Reception Forum
Options

How many cocktail tables?

I need to get to setting up my rentals for my August wedding - how many cocktail tables do you think are needed for a wedding with ~200 guests?  I'm planning on a mix of high tops and low tables that can have chairs around them for seating.  There will be seating for everyone - the ceremony chairs plus the dinner seating will be available.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia

Re: How many cocktail tables?

• Options
    You need at least a chair for each senior citizen, anybody disabled or using a cane/crutches.  So, you pretty much have to figure that anybody from that grouping will need a low top table.  Everybody else may sit at a table for a few minutes or if they are eating something that needs two hands or if they are balancing a drink and food.   Figure each table seats 4 comfortably with 5 in a pinch.  Bare bones minimum would be 20 if you have a more "senior" crowd
  • Options
    You need at least a chair for each senior citizen, anybody disabled or using a cane/crutches.  So, you pretty much have to figure that anybody from that grouping will need a low top table.  Everybody else may sit at a table for a few minutes or if they are eating something that needs two hands or if they are balancing a drink and food.   Figure each table seats 4 comfortably with 5 in a pinch.  Bare bones minimum would be 20 if you have a more "senior" crowd.

In addition to the bolded, for pregnant women or for anyone else with an invisible physical condition that requires them to sit.
  • Options
    Like I said, we will have the entire dinner area at our disposal, so there will be enough chairs for every person inside the pavilion. 

I was just wondering more generally if there were a guideline of x tables / x guests at a cocktail hour - and I will do high and low tables so people who want to sit can do so outdoors as well as inside.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • Options
    I would still go for 20 tables, so in a pinch, 20 x 5 = 100 or about half your guests can use a table during cocktails.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards