Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Aisle runners?

So I never really thought about purchasing an aisle runner until now. I thought about using just flower petals lining the aisle, but we're kind of going to be pressed for time after and that just seems like something that would take longer to clean up. I found a cute aisle runner on Oriental Trading, but i'd hate to spend $50 on something we will never use again. Are any of you ladies using something different? TIA :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Re: Aisle runners?

• Options
    I personally would skip the runner.  They are huge tripping hazards.  If you place them on a smooth surface then they can slip under your feet if not secured properly with tape.  If you place them on a rug or a soft surface then there is a chance that your heels or those of your guests/bridesmaids can poke through, get caught and then cause them to trip and possibly fall.

Why not add some tulle bows (every other or every third) or a garland to the pews/chairs instead?

• Options
    I personally would skip the runner.  They are huge tripping hazards.  If you place them on a smooth surface then they can slip under your feet if not secured properly with tape.  If you place them on a rug or a soft surface then there is a chance that your heels or those of your guests/bridesmaids can poke through, get caught and then cause them to trip and possibly fall.

Why not add some tulle bows (every other or every third) or a garland to the pews/chairs instead?
    I was already thinking of doing bows. But I thought I needed an aisle runner! Definitely will be skipping it if I don't need it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We are not having an aisle runner either (much to FMIL's displeasure). I think it is a waste of money, unnecessary and our venue coordinator says she has had brides and guests trip over thdem so they recommend not having one. We will be creating our aisle using flower petals and pomander balls on chairs.
  • Options
    They are pretty, but they are a pain in the butt. Tripping, slipping, wrinkling, blowing away (outdoors), are all things they do.

I personally decided against one because I didn't need something else to worry about on that day.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Interesting, I never thought of NOT having one. Thank you for the new idea 
  • Options
    Interesting, I never thought of NOT having one. Thank you for the new idea 
    See that was me! I thought it was something that was required so to speak. I've decided completely against it, and am just gonna focus on bows for the pews :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Check out eBay, on the classifieds on here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards