Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Same dress for wedding and reception?

My fiancee and I are having a private ceremony (around 10 people, only parents & grandparents) on a friday and a large reception on saturday for the rest of our family and friends. Originally, I purchased a large ball gown for the ceremony and a simple short white satin dress for the reception. Now, I've lost a lot of weight and not only does the ball gown not fit, but I also think it just doesn't look right on me, and I can't quite remember why I liked it in the store. However, I love the simple short dress and I'm considering wearing it for both the ceremony and reception because I love how it looks on me. Although I'm sure it's not how my family pictured me on my wedding day, do you think it would be okay to wear the same dress for both? Or should I suck it up and just have the ball gown altered to fit and stick with the original plan?

Re: Same dress for wedding and reception?

• Options
    What difference does it make how your family pictured what you should be wearing?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    If you love the short dress, wear it.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I understand wearing the same dress at the ceremony and the reception.  Most brides do this.  What I don't understand is why the ceremony and reception must be on different days.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards